This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 11:51 AM by 944614 RSS

OPM - Unable to compile Excel documents

956042 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I get the error "Unable to compile the document '<file location>' because it does not contain the Oracle Policy Modeling macros" everytime I compile an Excel document and Oracle Policy Modeling add-in is not present in Excel even when I open the file through project explorer. OPM shows the following error: "An error occurred while opening the document '<file location>': Unable to set the Installed property of the AddIn class". Please help me with this.

Thanks,
Naveen

Edited by: Naveen Mathew on Aug 20, 2012 5:39 AM
  • 1. Re: OPM - Unable to compile Excel documents
    944614 Explorer
    I found I got a smilar error copying when trying to compile using version 10.4.

I searched the history of this forum and found a similar issue in the link below

https://cn.forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2189363

Try to close all the documents, Word and/or Excel, and then close OPM.

Then reopen OPM and try compiling again.

Edited by: 941611 on Aug 20, 2012 11:10 AM
  • 2. Re: OPM - Unable to compile Excel documents
    944614 Explorer
    I found this in another link showing where to check that Oracle Policy Modeling Add-in is available.

For Office 2003 I found the add-Ins under Tools-Add-Ins

Take a look at the Installation Guide for Oracle Policy Modeling 10.3.1. There is a topic at the bottom that has some steps that might be relevant for your situation. For convenience I've copied some of the details:

The following is a possible workaround that will enable you to manually activate the Oracle Policy
    Modeling AddIn for Excel:
    1) Open the Excel document outside Oracle Policy Modeling.
    2) Select Excel Options from the Office Menu (circle at top left). Select Add-Ins, then find
    Manage: Excel Add-Ins, and click on Go...
    3) Place a tick in the Oracle Policy Modeling Excel 2007 check box (if it is already ticked, try unticking,
    clicking OK, and ticking it again).
    4) Click on the OK button.
    5) Try opening the workbook again in Oracle Policy Modeling.
    If the Oracle Policy Modeling AddIn for Excel does not appear in step 3, you should be able to locate
    it in the templates directory of the Oracle Policy Modeling installation. The default location is:
    C:\Program Files\Oracle\Policy Modeling\templates\Oracle Policy Modeling Excel 2007.xlam

Edited by: 941611 on Aug 20, 2012 11:32 AM

Edited by: 941611 on Aug 20, 2012 11:37 AM
  • 3. Re: OPM - Unable to compile Excel documents
    956042 Newbie
    Thank you. I was watching that thread, but that wasn't the reason. The problem is resolved now. Add-in works!
    Question marked as 'answered'.

Edited by: Naveen Mathew on Aug 20, 2012 8:55 PM
  • 4. Re: OPM - Unable to compile Excel documents
    944614 Explorer
    Awesome, can you state what the reason was that caused the add-in problem.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points