1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 29, 2012 10:18 AM by kgronau RSS

How to configure the parameter HS_LANGUAGE and CHARSET

956808 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
$ dg4odbc

Oracle Corporation --- TUESDAY AUG 21 2012 11:17:46.685

Heterogeneous Agent Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production Built with
Oracle Database Gateway for ODBC

oracle server NLS_CHARACTERSET is UTF8 and mysql server Character set is UTF8, how should i configure the parameters HS_LANGUAGE(initsid.ora) and CHARSET(odbc.ini)? now i
configure the CHARSET = UTF8 and HS_LANGUAGE=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P15,but the sql query reslut like this:

SELECT "id","name" FROM "accounts"@LNMYSQL

the name Column is Garbled.

who can help me.
  • 1. Re: How to configure the parameter HS_LANGUAGE and CHARSET
    kgronau Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    In general you have to set HS_LANGUAGE=american_america.al32utf8 and charset UTF8. But it also depends if you have set a NLS_LANG value in your environment where you have started your listener. It is also essential to know which utility you are using to query the content. SQL*Plus? If yes, are you using it on Windows or in a Termianl Session and if it is a Terminal session what's the charcter setting of your putty window and the LANG setting of your console?
    To avoid Terminal settings and SQL*Plus issues, I would recommend to use the unicode tool SQL*Developer which is using Unicode in its display window by default.It can be downloaded from here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/sql-developer/downloads/index.html?ssSourceSiteId=ocomen

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points