This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2012 11:49 PM by KartikPasunuri RSS

Deleting Data from the Data Store

KartikPasunuri Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I am trying to delete the data on the data store using Delete Data Component. The graph also gets executed successfully every time but the data still remains on the data store and can be seen in the results table.

Am I missing any thing here in process of deleting the data...

Thanks in Advance,
Kartik Pasunuri.
  • 1. Re: Deleting Data from the Data Store
    brettr Journeyer
    Hi Kartik,

The Delete Data connector expects records of a specific format/schema to be fed to it, which specify the records or assignments to be deleted. Do you have an input connected, and what format records are you sending to Delete Data? Are you deleting whole records or assignments?

Note that should you want to delete all data, schema and views from a data store, you can use the Reset Data Store connector, but be sure to note that this will delete not only all data records from the data store, but schema and view-definitions also, so you may want to export those first.

Best
    Brett
  • 2. Re: Deleting Data from the Data Store
    KartikPasunuri Newbie
    Hi Brett,

I specifically want to delete only few records and I am mentioning the Spec Attribute. As per the documentation it says if we just give spec attribute then the complete record corresponding to that attribute value gets deleted.

Thanks,
    Kartik P.
  • 3. Re: Deleting Data from the Data Store
    brettr Journeyer
    Hi Kartik

My advice is to:

* Review the Deleting Data chapter of the Integrator Components Guide, "Format of the delete input file" to be certain that the record format you are feeding into the Delete Data connector is correct. It sounds like you may already have done this. It is important that the specKey and specValue headers are there, as well as kvpKey and kvpValue, but these fields will be blank wherever you are attempting to delete a whole record.
    * Check that you have correct metadata on all edges leading to Delete Data.

Best
    Brett
  • 4. Re: Deleting Data from the Data Store
    KartikPasunuri Newbie
    Hi Brett,

Thanks for the reply... I some how missed it and just the data type mismatch on the metadata was the issue.
    It got resolved..

Thanks,
    Kartik P.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points