This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 9:46 AM by 441662 RSS

Oracle ODBC drive in linux client to connct with mono application

954002 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Apologies me if I am posting this question in a wrong thread.

I am creating a cross platform database application using Mono. It uses oracle database as back end. I used ODBC drive to connecting database. I can connect to database using this following connection string in my windows machine

Driver={Oracle in OraDb11g_home1};Server=localhost;Uid=system;Pwd=manager

For Linux I uses Linux Oracle OS for Database server. I installed oracle client in my fedora OS. and cofigure the client using net cofiguration assistant tool with oracle client. client connection working OK. Then I try to connect with my mono application using the followig connction string

Driver={Oracle ODBD Drive};Server=orcl;Uid=system;Pwd=manager

but the above connection string not worked

please help me....
I am using Oracle 11g version. Do I need to install any other ODBC driver to access oracle database
  • 1. Re: Oracle ODBC drive in linux client to connct with mono application
    441662 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    You did not say what the error message was. What was the error message?

You might need to modify a file named config
    found in MONO_PREFIX\etc\mono

In the config file, look for the mapping for the linux oci shared library. I think it could be libclntsh.so or something. Oracle 11g might have the version attached to the shared library filename, such as, libclntsh.so.11

I am not looking at my installation, so I have to go by memory here. Either change the mapping in the config file to match your actual shared library filename or you will need to create a link (or symbolic link) to it.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points