I noticed a regression in SQL Developer 3.2 in respect to 3.1 (on windows).
as of SQL Developer 184.108.40.206.42 I was able to browse java sources stored and compiled in the database.
The tabs "Details", "Source", "Policies" were correctly populated. If I had to complain about something, the names of the classes were "shortened" so that I saw "c932e55e_PrintDebug" instead of "my/company/application/package/PrintDebug".
I have tested the 3.2 release.
Now, the class names are complete, but the tabs are empty. I am also unable to retrieve the source of a class (as it was possible in 3.1)
Thanks for the feedback, it is good to know I am not alone :-)
I did some further tests.
I enabled logging in sqldeveloper.conf, and found this query I believe to be the culprit:
Prepared:with src_name as (select source n from Dba_java_classes
where lower(name)=lower(:NAME) and rownum = 1)
select text||decode(substr(text,length(text)),chr(10),null,chr(13),null,chr(10)) source
where owner= :OWNER
and type = 'JAVA SOURCE'
and (name in (select n from src_name) or name in (select owner || '/' || n from src_name)
or lower(name) = lower(:NAME))
order by line
Previously :NAME was populated with the java short name, while now it has the java long name.
In fact, if I compile a class where short name and long name are the same, it works.
In DBA_JAVA_CLASSES name is the long name, while in DBA_SOURCE it is the short name (at least this is what I observed).
So I believe that this is truly a regression.
I logged bug 14535076 without a test case, so it went nowhere -- often the case if the developer has no time to create his/her own case.
Fortunately a similar bug, Bug 14844305 - JAVA SOURCE NOT SHOWN, was logged with a test case, so odds are it will get fixed in the next release. Bug 14535076 has been closed as a duplicate of that more recent bug.