This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2012 8:58 AM by 882128 RSS

navigation, context menu

882128 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Could anyone please help with this?

I am trying to provide and link & context menu from the UI map. This map is called frm a portal and not through any BPA script.
This may be for anything like premise/person/account etc..
I tried giving oraType="fkref:true,navigation=true etc....
But this doesnt work.
Could some one please tell me what i shld have on the UI map both inthe html & schema to provide this link & context menu?
thanks a lot.
  • 1. Re: navigation, context menu
    Jagadeesh P Newbie
    The corresponding schema element should refer an FK Reference using 'fkRef=' attribute.

Eg:
    UI Schema
    <schema>
    <personId fkRef="PER"/>
    </schema>

HTML
    <td oraField="personId"></td>

If this does not work, check if the corresponding FK Reference(Admin ->F) has 'Context Menu Name' & 'Navigation Option' fields populated.
  • 2. Re: navigation, context menu
    882128 Newbie
    Hi,

thanks a lot.
    i tried all these possibilities.
    the same fkref = 'PER' works from the info zone.
    but ths is not working on a stand alone UI map which s called from the portal.
    any idea?
  • 3. Re: navigation, context menu
    Jagadeesh P Newbie
    I do not understand how UI Map will be called from a portal.
    Most probably portal's zone calls a BPA script initiating the UI Map, in which case navigation/contexts do not work.

From UI Map Tips :
    Foreign key navigation and context menu functionality is only available for UI maps presented in a portal zone.
    UI Maps presented during BPA script processing cannot support navigation options.

You can check this existing functionality

Main -> Customer Information -> Rebate Claim
    Search and Open any rebate claim in Rebate Claim Display portal.
    Notice Rebate claim - Customer Details section.
    You can find Person, Account, Premise with navigation, context enabled.

You can check its display UI Map 'CI_RebateClaimGeneral' and the underlying BO schema to get a clear picture.

Edited by: Jagadeesh P on Aug 16, 2012 11:34 PM
  • 4. Re: navigation, context menu
    882128 Newbie
    Jagadeesh,

thank you very much for your response.
    let me explain what i have done.
    an ui map is created.
    a portal is created.
    a zone is added to the portal.
    ths zone is of type 'F1-MAPEXPL' which is explicit map object.
    the UI map name on the zone is entered.
    there is no way of entering any service script or bpa script name on this type of zone.
    so when you call this portal, the ui map is displayed.
    this ui map gets the global context passed from the zone.
    i have few more fields on this ui map for which the context menu and the navigation options should be provided.
    to achieve this, i have the fkref in the schema and in the orafield i have this ...
    oraType="fkRef:true; info:true; context:true; navigation:true;" following is the excerpt from UI map tips.

oraType="fkRef:true; info:true; context:true; navigation:true;"
    The oraType: fkRef function is used to enable functionality related to the foreign key reference meta-data, this includes:  an information string, a context menu, and a hyperlink.  Note that you can enable the foreign key hyperlink separately as well, see the oraNavigate section below for more information.  The various attributes used to control fkRef functionality are:

*· fkRef A value of 'true' enables all of the following fkRef processing. Default is 'true'. Use a value of 'false' to disable automatic fkRef processing.*

*· info A value of 'true' will render an information string on the UI map, if the foreign key meta-data is configured with an information program. Default is 'true'. Use a value of 'false' to disable.*

*· context A value of 'true' will render a context menu to before the information string, if the foreign key meta-data is configured for a menu. Default is 'true' if the html element contains no fkRef attribute; otherwise the default is 'false'. Use a value of 'false' to disable.*

*· navigation A value of 'true' will cause the information string to be rendered as a URL, if the foreign key meta-data is configured with a navigation option. Default is 'true' if the html element contains no fkRef attribute; otherwise the default is 'false'. Use a value of 'false' to disable.*

By default, the UI map processor will automatically enable all fkRef functionality (for html elements mapped to schema elements that have an fkRef defined).  To turn off automatic fkRef processing, specify:  oraType="fkRef:false;".

Foreign key navigation and context menu functionality is only available for UI maps presented in a portal zone.  UI Maps presented during BPA script processing cannot support navigation options.

The foreign key reference requires a UI Map schema attribute of fkRef="FK Reference".  You must label the specific schema element that contains the key value for the foreign key reference.

*· UI Map schema:*

*<schema>*

*<userId fkRef="CI_USER"/>*

*</schema>*

*· UI Map html:*

*<html>*
    *<body>*
    *<table summary="" border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1">*
    *<tr>*
    *<td>User</td>*
    *<td><span oraField="userId" oraType="fkRef:true; info:true; context:true; navigation:true;"></span></td>*
    *</tr>*
    *</table>*
    *</body>*

*<xml>*
    *<root>*
    *<userId>CZAAND</userId>*
    *</root>*
    *</xml>*
    *</html>*

this doesnt work at all.
    please help.
    thanks a lot.
  • 5. Re: navigation, context menu
    Jagadeesh P Newbie
    If what you provided is the exact HTML the UI Map uses, then you are missing the 'oraField=' atrribute for <td> tag

<html>
    <body>
    <table summary="" border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1">
    <tr>
    <td>User</td>
    *<td oraField="userId"></td>*
    </tr>
    </table>
    </body>

<xml>
    <root>
    <userId>CZAAND</userId>
    </root>
    </xml>
    </html>

If not, you have to debug, if the user id is getting populated from global context,
    whatever provided in <xml> is only for testing and will not work during runtime.

Edited by: Jagadeesh P on Aug 20, 2012 11:36 PM

Edited by: Jagadeesh P on Aug 20, 2012 11:37 PM
  • 6. Re: navigation, context menu
    882128 Newbie
    Jagadeesh,

thanks a lot for your efforts.
    please find the exact code

HTML

<tr>
    <td oraLabel="person"></td><td oraField="person" id='perid' oraType="fkRef:true; info:true; context:true; navigation:true;"></td> ---> oraType definition according to the tips
    </tr>

schema editor

<schema>
    <person fkRef="PER" mapField="PER_ID"/> ---> this is an internal field on the UI map (i manipulate the value)
    <premiseContext mdField="PREM_ID"/> ----> only this is populated from the global context
    </schema>

Please note that thr is no xml content here.

<xml style="display:none;">
    </xml>

please help

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points