This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2012 12:09 AM by kiransaravi RSS

Good books on SOA

kiransaravi Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I've good knowledge and experience working with Oracle SOA Suite 11g. I've gone through books like "Oracle SOA Suite 11g Handbook" and "WS-BPEL 2.0 for SOA Composite Applications with Oracle SOA Suite 11g", and I found them very interesting, specially the second one.

I've also completed my certification IZ0-451.

Now, I wanted to go deep into the internals in SOA.
This might be a backward approach, learning abt Oracle SOA first, and then about SOA in general, but anyways, it happened that way.

Can you please suggest me some good books on the internals of SOA(SOA in general, not really specific to Oracle SOA Suite).
I went through few blogs and found "SOA Design Patterns" by Thomas Earl to be a good book.

Before buying it, I just want to know if that's a good book, and a simple one to go through. Because I always wonder why books by great people are always complex, and uninteresting. Does this book come into that category, or is it simple and yet great book?

Please suggest if there are any other books.

Thanks in advance,
Ravi.

Edited by: kiransaravi on Aug 17, 2012 12:09 AM

Edited by: kiransaravi on Aug 17, 2012 12:09 AM

Edited by: kiransaravi on Aug 17, 2012 2:09 AM
  • 1. Re: Good books on SOA
    matthew_morris Expert
    Ravi:

I'm not a SOA person at all, so can't give personal reviews of SOA books (knowledgeable ones, anyway). However, I hate to see a question go unanswered, so I did a bit of research. The best I could come up with was this Amazon book list:

http://www.amazon.com/Useful-Oracle-SOA-Books/lm/R2VMF62DVXVVOS
  • 2. Re: Good books on SOA
    kiransaravi Newbie
    Hi Matthew

Thanks for the reply.
    This gives me a good list of books, but exactly how to start with is what I'm wondering...
    Can someone please tell me what should be the next good book to go through, that gives me the internals of SOA, and most importantly, the book has to be interesting, simple. Hope you understand, it is always tough to have a sustaining interest to go through a complex explanation.

Regards
    RaviKiran.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points