1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 23, 2012 10:11 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

MW and R12 upgrade

user12010879
      Hi,

apologies if this has been covererd previously but I'm going through an upgrade iteration and was getting confused following the Maintenance Wizard.

My point regards MW itself, in order to configure a project for the 12.1 upgrade it needs to be made aware of the 12i environment.

However this would entail actually installing the 12.1 software, or am I mistaken?

However, under the "Prep For The Upgrade" Category it's towards the bottom of the screen under the "Prepare For the upgrade" section it says "Run rapid install"

My question is does installing R12 using rapid install need to be done only after you had carried out all of the previous steps for the various Product Families?

I was considering installing the R12.1 software prior to starting the pre upgrade steps in the 11.5.10.2 environment, is this advisable?

In my experience I've always installed R12 first to be able to configure the upgrade project in MW. Hopefully this wasn't the wrong thing to do.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Many Thanks
        • 1. Re: MW and R12 upgrade
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          My point regards MW itself, in order to configure a project for the 12.1 upgrade it needs to be made aware of the 12i environment.

However this would entail actually installing the 12.1 software, or am I mistaken?
          Correct.

Maintenance Wizard Overview [ID 215527.1]
          Downloading Maintenance Wizard [ID 430732.1]
          Maintenance Wizard FAQ [ID 405263.1]
          However, under the "Prep For The Upgrade" Category it's towards the bottom of the screen under the "Prepare For the upgrade" section it says "Run rapid install"

My question is does installing R12 using rapid install need to be done only after you had carried out all of the previous steps for the various Product Families?
          Are you referring to 11i Product Families? If yes, then it is correct.
          I was considering installing the R12.1 software prior to starting the pre upgrade steps in the 11.5.10.2 environment, is this advisable?
          Yes, and this should save you time since R12 software can be installed while EBS 11i is up and running.
          In my experience I've always installed R12 first to be able to configure the upgrade project in MW. Hopefully this wasn't the wrong thing to do.
          It is not wrong.

Thanks,
          Hussein