2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2012 10:22 AM by 838276 RSS

ATO Item errored to create supply

Hello gurus,

I am new to ATO functionality and testing ATO functionality to implement in our organization. Recently I have created a standard FG item with ATO flag enabled and a standard BoM for it. I placed internal orders and customer orders for this FG item, then auto created work orders. Every thing is fine. All went well.

Now I am trying roll out the same to other existing items. Took another existing item, enabled the ATO flag. Placed internal order. Trying to progress the order, not able to create supply. As it is not eligible for supply.

Compared all flags with test item with existing item, All flags are exactly the same.
      Compared BoM exactly the same except more items on the existing item

Checked workflows for both items. Strange every line is same except one difference below.

For FG item
      Select     
      Status     Activity     Parent Activity     Notification     Performer     Started     Completed     Activity Result
           Complete     Branch on Source Type
      Create Supply - Line               22-Aug-2012 13:12:47     22-Aug-2012 13:12:47     Ato Item

For Existing item
      Select     
      Status     Activity     Parent Activity     Notification     Performer     Started     Completed     Activity Result

Complete     Branch on Source Type
      Create Supply - Line               22-Aug-2012 12:23:03     22-Aug-2012 12:23:03     Stock

Activity result is different for both items, the FG item I created recently is showing as Ato Item in Activity result, where as existing item is showing as Stock.

Where is this coming from? How can I change this to make the existing item as ATO item.

Thanks
      Kumar
        • 1. Re: ATO Item errored to create supply
          Mahendra
          See whether existing item has on hand?just a thought..maybe that's the reason as there is no supply activity?

Mahendra
          • 2. Re: ATO Item errored to create supply
            Thanks very much for response Mahendra

No, I cleared all the stock before I create order. But I found some thing strange upon further testing.

I created another new item, and copied the same bill of material as the existing item. In this case it was not eligible for supply.

Let me explain about bill of material.
            When I create bill of material for new item for testing purpose a while ago, it was having only 3 components all of them are purchased items

Existing item has few make Items, Phontoms, reference etc. Would this cause problem?

Kumar