This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 24, 2012 6:45 AM by Prabodh RSS

procedure runs twice

Rajanjai Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
Im Working on apex 3.2, I created a procedure for mailing the report in xls,csv,dbf formats, when report contains minimal rows say 1500 procedure runs only once for few seconds and only one mail is sent ,but when it is larger say 60000 or more procedure runs for more than 5 minutes ,and after exactly 5 minutes again the same procedure starts running for second time and two mails are sent with uneven column arrangement.

thanks in advance,
RAJAN.
  • 1. Re: procedure runs twice
    Prabodh Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,
    Im Working on apex 3.2, I created a procedure for mailing the report in xls,csv,dbf formats, when report contains minimal rows say 1500 procedure runs only once for few seconds and only one mail is sent ,but when it is larger say 60000 or more procedure runs for more than 5 minutes ,and after exactly 5 minutes again the same procedure starts running for second time and two mails are sent with uneven column arrangement.
    Have you setup the mail schedule or are you relying on the Apex default?
    If the Apex built-in the lookup DBA_SCHEDULER_JOBS (or maybe it is DBA_JOBS in 3.2, I do not have it).
    You will find a Job named ORACLE_APEX_MAIL_QUEUE that has a Frequency defined as
    FREQ=MINUTELY;BYMINUTE=0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55;BYSECOND=0
    That is, it starts off every 5 minutes.
    Drop and recreate this job with a frequency that suits your needs better.

Cheers,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points