2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2012 11:26 AM by Tyler Spoon RSS

Not able to save connections

Tyler Spoon
      Hello. I am running SQL Developer 2.1.1.64 on Windows 7 and am not able to save db connections. I am able to create connections and successfully connect, but when I close SQL Developer, the connections are lost.
        • 1. Re: Not able to save connections
          Gary Graham-Oracle
          Hi,

According to your operating system platform, see the SQL Developer help
          Help | Table of Contents | SQL Developer Concepts and Usage | Location of User-Related Information
          for the location of your preference settings (connections.xml is in some folder below there) and make sure you have write privileges to it.

Regards,
          Gary
          SQL Developer Team

Edited by: Gary Graham on Aug 24, 2012 1:21 PM
          Updated for Windows 7, it is probably C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\
          unless local policy forced it onto a networked drive, or some similar situation
          • 2. Re: Not able to save connections
            Tyler Spoon
            Thank you for that! I realized that, for whatever reason, I didn't have a connections.xml in the folder. Once I created the file, and saved to it, it worked perfectly! Thank you for the answer! It should make my day a little bit shorter now that I don't have to type in the connection every time!