This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 42 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2012 5:52 PM by EJP Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Problems Installing JDK 7u2 Windows 64-bit
    917034 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Fantastic, the instructions that 6112349 posted worked for me. I had to change the folder name to my version of the installer ("jdk1.7.0_02_combo"), but it worked.
  • 31. Re: Problems Installing JDK 7u2 Windows 64-bit
    922250 Newbie
    I have exactly the same problem on Windows 7 (32-bit) - installer bombs out before anything happens. It does seem to create the local 'jdk1.7.0_03_combo' directory and then delete it straight away. I have UAC disabled. I tried the solution posted by user6112349 but I get stuck at the final step.

After extracting the file java_jdk.exe and launching it, I get the following errors: "Error 1335 the cabinet file 'st170030.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used...". Retrying does not help and ignoring the error shows "Internal error 2350" and causes the install to unwind. I've cleaned off every version of Java I could find on my system, but I doubt I ever had the SDK previously installed. I have also cleaned out anything Java-related from the Windows registry. I downloaded the original EXE five times already and used Winmerge to determine all 5 copies are identical and therefore not corrupted during the download process.

It really seems this download is just plain broken on some machines - this is my main development laptop that I use daily for C++ development as well as recreation and study, so if anything was particularly broken on this machine I should have noticed by now. I've never had problems installing any other MSI's, so I doubt the problem lies with Windows Installer. I have since also tried a reboot in case an updated system file was the culprit.

PS: I am downloading the latest 7u3 from here: http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/7u3-b05/jdk-7u3-windows-i586.exe

Edited typo by: user3636591 on 6/03/2012 22:25
  • 32. Re: Problems Installing JDK 7u2 Windows 64-bit
    RogerL (Oracle) Java Champion
    On the systems that are seeing the problem, do they have the latest service packs?

XP 32-bit needs SP3
    XP 64-bit needs SP2

XP portion of the Windows table on: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/config-417990.html

Windows
    Platform     CPU Architecture     Version     Introduced In
    Windows XP     x86 (32-bit)     SP3     1.7.0     
    Windows XP     x64 (64-bit)     SP2     1.7.0
  • 33. Re: Problems Installing JDK 7u2 Windows 64-bit
    933765 Newbie
    I have had exactly the same problem as people here (since JDK7u2).

I have Win7 64-bit.

I tried the folder trick mentioned in this thread, and it worked - partly. I got java_jdk.exe in folder jdk1.7.0_04_combo (and JDK&JRE installed, when I launched that exe, I think), but no trace of JavaFX.

Prior to this trick I found something in a file named C:\Users\<Me>\AppData\Local\Temp\jdk_inst.log:

"Thu Apr 26 20:16:34 2012:: Jdk installation failed. Return Code: 1, ErrorCode: 193"

Now there is this:

"Fri Apr 27 20:25:44 2012:: JDK installation failed. Return Code: 1602, ErrorCode: 0"

br
    PUp
  • 34. Re: Problems Installing JDK 7u2 Windows 64-bit
    936943 Newbie
    I had exactly the same problem on Windows 7 (64-bit) , after several attempts i've noticed that in the path C:\Users\*user*\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\ they were the two jdk exe that i was trying to install. I executed one of them and the installation started to take life with two problems. At first the publisher was unknow and then it didn't install FX 2.1 so i unistalled it. Then when i tried to install the same jdk from desktop i didn't encounter any problems (both the publisher and FX 2.1 worked just fine).

Maybe this will be a solution for someone and sorry for my poor english.
  • 35. Re: Problems Installing JDK 7u2 Windows 64-bit
    RogerL (Oracle) Java Champion
    The way that the FX portion of the JDK installation takes place has been changed in 7u6. Unfortunately the efforts to reproduce this error have not been successful. The bug that was opened is still 'Accepted' http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7145760

Can someone who is seeing this problem please install the latest build of 7u6, from java.net, and reply if it resolves the installation issue? The download location:
    http://jdk7.java.net/download.html

Let us know,
    Roger
  • 36. Re: Problems Installing JDK 7u2 Windows 64-bit
    942635 Newbie
    I was having issues installing JDK 7u4. The 7u6 installer worked perfectly. Thanks
  • 37. Re: Problems Installing JDK 7u2 Windows 64-bit
    943955 Newbie
    The problem still occurs with JDK 7u5.
    I "reproduced" it (what a technical term for such an annoying experience) with JDK 7u5 and JDK 7u3 on a fully patched Windows XP 32-bit.
    And also for me, the workaround of user6112349 (Thanks!!) helped.

Dirk
  • 38. Re: Problems Installing JDK 7u2 Windows 64-bit
    gimbal2 Guru
    940952 wrote:
    The problem still occurs with JDK 7u5.
    That much was already clear - the more valuable question is if you try to install the 7u6 developer preview, does it still happen then?
  • 39. Re: Problems Installing JDK 7u2 Windows 64-bit
    933765 Newbie
    The 7u6 installer worked alright, but I didn't notice the installation of JavaFX ? And I can't find any JavaFX runtime folder either. Is it silently included in JRE installation now ?
  • 40. Re: Problems Installing JDK 7u2 Windows 64-bit
    gimbal2 Guru
    Correct. You should be able to find a javafxrt jar file somewhere in your runtime directory. You may find this thread interesting to read:

JDK 7u6 JavaFX integration - Is jfxrt.jar supposed to be on the classpath?
  • 41. Re: Problems Installing JDK 7u2 Windows 64-bit
    958064 Newbie
    All these people failed to install the JDK without doing crazy stuff. Every other installation on the face of the earth works. Guess who's fault, not local. Dismiss if you will but a lot of people are having trouble with your install.
  • 42. Re: Problems Installing JDK 7u2 Windows 64-bit
    EJP Guru
    Like many other posters in this thread, you seem to think you are addressing Oracle here. You aren't. This is a user-to-user forum. Not an Oracle support channel.
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points