This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2012 10:50 AM by MZ_AppsDBA RSS

Issue in Installation of EBS R12 through VNCserver thrgh Putty

MZ_AppsDBA Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Guys,

I know this may sound quite childish but still i wanna know If we are Installing EBS R12/11i by connecting the Linux box through putty OR by connecting through VNC server .

If we r connecting through putty do we 've to set the Display in this case.

Or if If we r connecting through VNC Server do we 've to set the Display variable.

My query is what is the Differences between using VNC server & putty in Installation of EBS r12/11i.

Today my Boss pointed out that i should install vnc server on windows for installing EBS rather than using putty as it required setting of Display variable.
which i couldn't quite understand. Hence the query !!

Really Appreciate if u could explain it a little bit more.

Thanks & Regards
MZ.
  • 1. Re: Issue in Installation of EBS R12 through VNCserver thrgh Putty
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    I know this may sound quite childish but still i wanna know If we are Installing EBS R12/11i by connecting the Linux box through putty OR by connecting through VNC server .

If we r connecting through putty do we 've to set the Display in this case.

Or if If we r connecting through VNC Server do we 've to set the Display variable.
    You cannot set DISPLAY when using putty so you will have to use VNC.
    My query is what is the Differences between using VNC server & putty in Installation of EBS r12/11i.

Today my Boss pointed out that i should install vnc server on windows for installing EBS rather than using putty as it required setting of Display variable.
    which i couldn't quite understand. Hence the query !!

Really Appreciate if u could explain it a little bit more.
    To run Rapid Install you need to have the DISPLAY set properly to see RapidWiz, and this would work with VNC (not with putty). If you can set the DISPLAY is putty (issue xclock to verify) then you can use it (which I believe is not possible).

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Issue in Installation of EBS R12 through VNCserver thrgh Putty
    MZ_AppsDBA Newbie
    Thank You so much Hussein.

You are always been really helpful !

Thanks !!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points