6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2012 7:01 AM by Sumedh Kulkarni RSS

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Installation

amirsd
      Hello

I am new to oracle E business Suite. We need to install E-Business Suite on Sun Solaris SPARC (64-bit). I am able to get to the media packs. There are so many of them e.g

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here 4 disks
      Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 for Sun Solaris SPARC (64-bit) Rapid Install RDBMS 3 disks
      ...etc etc

My questions is which disks to choose for the initial install of E-Business Suite. Can someone please point me in the proper direction, and also to any steps listed for installation. Thanks....
        • 1. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Installation
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          My questions is which disks to choose for the initial install of E-Business Suite. Can someone please point me in the proper direction, and also to any steps listed for installation. Thanks....
          You need to download the following files:

From: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here (Part 1 of 4), Part Number: B53824-01 Part 1 of 4

To: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 for Sun Solaris SPARC (64-bit) Rapid Install APPL_TOP - Disk 3 (Part 2 of 2), Part Number: V15648-01 Part 2 of 2

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Installation
            amirsd
            Hussein: Thank you so much as we were scratching our heads. I see that there many CD\DVD packages, and I assume that all of them need to be installed as you have mentioned. If you or anyone could please answer few more simple things.

We need to install E-Business Suite on SUN Solaris Sparc 64bit machine. Question is e.g in case of the first set " Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here (Part 1 of 4), Part Number: B53824-01 Part 1 of 4 " I have downloaded all the 4 cds, and have unzipped them. Which file or directory I am looking at to start the installation. Would this be "B53824-01_1of4\startCD\BSC\software\client\win_32\OBSC_Architect\install\solaris\runInstaller". Any tips or recommendation would be nice...Thanks..
            • 3. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Installation
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              We need to install E-Business Suite on SUN Solaris Sparc 64bit machine. Question is e.g in case of the first set " Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here (Part 1 of 4), Part Number: B53824-01 Part 1 of 4 " I have downloaded all the 4 cds, and have unzipped them. Which file or directory I am looking at to start the installation. Would this be "B53824-01_1of4\startCD\BSC\software\client\win_32\OBSC_Architect\install\solaris\runInstaller". Any tips or recommendation would be nice...Thanks..
              Please see these docs.

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit) [ID 761568.1]
              Using Electronic Delivery With Rapid Install in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 406138.1]

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation Guide: Using Rapid Install
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B53825_08/current/acrobat/121oaig.pdf

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Installation
                amirsd
                Hussein: Appreciate your quick response. I have gone through the Guide for installation. If you could clear one thing that will get me started. In the installation guide its repeatedly mentioned to start the installation with the command "rapidwiz". On page 1-18 of the guide its also mentioned to run the command:

Example
                $ cd /u01/StageR12/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz
                $ ./rapidwiz

So far I have downloaded first two packages and unzipped them. I do not see anywhere the command "rapidwiz". Please guide me on this. Is this command present in the download packages (I don't see it anywhere) or I am missing something. Thanks again if you could put me in the proper direction.
                • 5. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Installation
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  Example
                  $ cd /u01/StageR12/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz
                  $ ./rapidwiz

So far I have downloaded first two packages and unzipped them. I do not see anywhere the command "rapidwiz". Please guide me on this. Is this command present in the download packages (I don't see it anywhere) or I am missing something. Thanks again if you could put me in the proper direction.
                  The path is already mentioned above. If you have extracted all the files under /u01/StageR12 directory then you should find rapidwiz under /u01/StageR12/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz directory.

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Installation
                    Sumedh Kulkarni
                    Also download and install STARTCD latest Stage patch "11072566" it upgrades the version of rapidviz to latest.

Thanks,
                    Sumedh