7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2012 8:43 AM by lkakarla RSS

How to Re-order fields in search Criteria

SivaChandranS
      Hi ,
      I am using jdev 11.1.1.6.0 version.

I need to create a jspx page with Query panel and Table. So i created a search criteria and created the page.
      Functionally all works fine.

But from UI perspective i need to reorder the search criteria in a particular order.
      So i tried to reorder the fields from the back end, it doesn't helped me.

I noticed that the default order of the search criteria is based on the order of the DB Columns.
      So i tried to reorder the attributes from the backend.
      Actually it made the search criteria also reordered in the required manner.

But during runtime my base page is throwing Array Out of Bound Exception while rendering the data on UI.
      Kindly guide me , how to Customize/Reorder the search fields in a search criteria.

Thanks
      Siva
        • 1. Re: How to Re-order fields in search Criteria
          Timo Hahn
          In your version the order is determined by the required attributes followed by the attributes in the order they appear in the group of the view criteria.

Starting from 11.1.2.x there is a new property to allow to order the attributes in an other way.

One thing you can do is to put the attributes in their own groups and sort the groups the way you like. This should avoid the error in the UI.

Timo
          • 2. Re: How to Re-order fields in search Criteria
            Zeeshan BaiG
            Check this might help http://lucbors.blogspot.com/2010/08/adf-11g-change-attribute-order-in.html
            • 3. Re: How to Re-order fields in search Criteria
              SivaChandranS
              Hi All ,

Thanks for the replies.

I tried to reorder the fields using "Set Source Order" but the "move selection Button" are disabled for all the attributes.

hence this option is not working for me. Is there any restriction to use this set source order option?. I read through some of the docs also but i cant able to any restriction on this option.

kindly let me how to proceed.

Actually i almost completed a large ADF page with multiple functionalities. I just need to reorder the Search fields in order to make user to feel easy to search using mandatory fields(Grouping the fields at search panel).

I understand that this particular functionality is not readily available in 11.1.1.6 version of jdev, But still i need to do this.

please let me know, is there any way to achieve this.

Regards
              Siva
              • 4. Re: How to Re-order fields in search Criteria
                lkakarla
                If your view object is based on a SQL query(not on Entity Objects),the set source order option will be disabled.

Thanks,
                • 5. Re: How to Re-order fields in search Criteria
                  SivaChandranS
                  Hi ,
                  thanks for the input.

yes i am using the view object base on Sql.
                  i dont use any entity object.

But still i need to re-order the search fields.
                  please guide me to achieve this.

As i mentioned before , reordering the attribute at the back end(VO) works but throws some new error on page while rendering.

so probably in some other files still the old order was maintained.
                  please someone let me know,what are the files will keep reference of VO.
                  so that i will make the same changes in all files and then create a new page with reordered data control.

thanks
                  Siva
                  • 6. Re: How to Re-order fields in search Criteria
                    Arunkumar Ramamoorthy-Oracle
                    Hi,

Have you tried setting field order (under ui hints) as required (say set 2 for the attribute1 if you want to get that displayed at 2nd position) and see if it helps?

-Arun
                    • 7. Re: How to Re-order fields in search Criteria
                      lkakarla
                      while re-ordering the attributes in VO source, you also need to modify the columns position in the VO query in the same manner.

For Ex: when you are ordering attribute2 from position 2 to position 1 in VO source, modify the VO query to fetch attribute2 as a first column instead of second column.

Thanks,