1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2012 11:12 PM by 958372 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: certification - 10g to 11g
        Girish Sharma
        Aman,

But there is a pro-verb in our India :

"Pahan Puje Hari Mile, to mai pooju pahar
        Tate yeh chaki bhali pees khai sansar" - Sant Kabir

@Other Members :

Above is a famous pro-verb in Indian language, written by ancient Saint Kabir (I am sorry to use specific language in International Forum, but it seems bit relative to quote here), whose english translation would be something like this :

Pahan(Stone) Puje(Worship) Hari(God) Mile(Get), to(therefore) mai(I) pooju(shall worship) pahar(Mountain),
        Tate(In compare to) yeh(That) Chaki(Wheet flooring Device) bhali(is good) pees(an act of making floor by wheet) khai(get) sansar(World).

Which small sense is if there is anything by which I may get Oracle knowledge (here Oracle knowledge is my God and Goal), I shall don't forget to touch that, otherwise rest world is full of fake.

Regards
        Girish Sharma
        • 16. Re: certification - 10g to 11g
          bigdelboy
          This thread seems to have gone up Cnoc na Riabh or something, don't know what Meabh would have thought about it, but if you look carefully in an old John Hinde postcard the little people have the answer clearly enough in the stones.

Anyway in non authorative Simples:

* You take any Oracle Certification exam whenever you want.
          - Examples: 1z0-043 then 1z0-052 then 1z0-050 then 1z0-042 then 1z0-051 then 1z1-063. If that is your crazy path.
          Exceptions:
          - (There may a couple of exception at the top end related to Masters exams and Java project submissions)
          - There is a resit failed delay of 14 days for exams that must be procotored (all but about four).
          - You can't retake a passed exam, and you can't take a beta while it is in beta more than once.
          * You only get a certifcation when you meet all the pre-requisites
          * Mixing up the exam object with the certification object, as seems so common, often leads to the confusion.

IMHO The pages already referred to attempt to define the certification rules. While the graphical form are in many way ways clearer than the previous incarnation, and arguably many many things clearer, the graphics sometimes may misguide people into searching a loophole occurs that is not there ( usually attempting to apply 10g exams/traning towards an 11g certification in the Oracle DBA /RAC area).

~~~~~~~~~~~~

And BTW:
          The 'live chat' as presented earlier in the thread is incorrect:
          I entered the live chat and this was the answer I got.
          +"No, you need to be 11g OCA to be 11g OCP. There is no upgrade available from 10g OCA to 11g OCP."+
          Very helpful the chat. Never tried it before.
          The statement "No, you need to be 11g OCA to be 11g OCP" is wrong ( it may be right within context and may have been effectively correct, but as a standalone it is wrong).

A better answer to this would be:
          - The 10g DBA OCA can upgrade to 11g DBA OCP my completing 1z0-043 and submitting 10g DBA training to gain 10g DBA OCP. Having Passed 1z0-050 would upgrade that certification to 11g DBA OCP.
          - Alternatively a 10g DBA OCA would need to pass 1z0-052 (to get 11g DBA OCP) and additionally 1z0-053 pass and 11g DBA OCP training verified to get the 11g DBA OCP.

In practice for most people the choice of route would be majorly influenced by 10g DBA OCP verifiable training already or finding that 11g DBA OCP verifiable training is inconvenient or expensive.

So try the following descision tree. This i believe covers most rational descisions. Be warned I could have made a typo in this.

1. do you have 10g DBA OCA but not 11g DBA OCA and are looking to achieve 11 DBA OCP ?

If no you this is not relevant to you.

2. do you have 11g DBA OCP training that can be successfully verified against the 11g DBA OCP requirement ?

If yes goto 'D'.

3. do you have 10g DBA OCP training that can be successfully verified against the 10g DBA OCP requirement ?

If yes goto 'C'.

4. On investigation you find that 10g DBA OCP verifiable training is far less costly or much more convenient for you in your location/circumstances than 11g DBA OCP training?

If yes goto 'A'.

5. You really really desire to have 10g DBA OCP as well as 11g DBA OCP.

If yes goto 'A'.
          If no goto 'B'.

'A': Take 1z0-043 and 10g DBA OCP verifiable training to get 10g DBA OCP and 1z0-050 (or 1z0-052+1z0-053) to get 11g DBA OCP
          'B': Take 1z0-052 to get 11g DBA OCA and 11g DBA OCP verifiable training to get 11g DBA OCP
          'C': Take 1z0-043 to get 10g DBA OCP and 1z0-050 (or 1z0-052+1z0-053) to get 11g DBA OCP
          'D': Take 1z0-052 to 11g DBA OCA and additionally 1z0-053 to get 11g DBA OCP

In all cases 11g DBA OCP verifiable training can be subsitututed for 10 DBA verificable training BUT NOT THE OPPOSITE. Lower version training cannot be counted against a higher version certification.
          • 17. Re: certification - 10g to 11g
            Pinela
            bigdelboy,

thank you for your descriptive article :)

this doubt was not for me. Simply for a friend.
            I myself am a 10g OCP, and am studying for the 11g OCP upgrade Exam (new features).

Thank you.
            BR,
            Pinela.
            • 18. Re: certification - 10g to 11g
              Hi, everybody!

I have a 10g DBA OCA and completed 1z0-043 exam.

Is it possible to have the 11g DBA OCP training verified to get the 10g DBA OCP?

Thanks in advance!
              • 19. Re: certification - 10g to 11g
                bigdelboy
                user4431609 wrote:
                Hi, everybody!

I have a 10g DBA OCA and completed 1z0-043 exam.

Is it possible to have the 11g DBA OCP training verified to get the 10g DBA OCP?

Thanks in advance!
                The basic answer for you is if you have already have (one of the 11g DBA OCP training (but not 10g OCP training) ) then submit that immediately ( the only possible reason for doing so is relates to those going OCM master training at 11g ... OCM DBA will be 12c by the time you get there (if ever) so that is probably not relevant ( I am not insulting you I am merely stating probabilities)).

IF you have yet to take the training if you are unsure raise an SR first .... i will provide links later, hopefully within 48 hours. There is a lot of money involved in the training.

Edited by: bigdelboy on 28-Aug-2012 13:22

THe page identifying the approproved courses 10G DBA OCP is currently here:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=244#2 ( open out the Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional section).

It seems this already identifies 11g course that count toward 10g DBA OCP .... thought if a course were on the 11g DBA OCP list and wasn't on the 10g DBA OCP list it would probably be accept ... but check first if you ar thinking of doing something obscure or odd. !!!!!!!

Fairly off topic, and if you dont understand and not able to check it out for yourself you almost certanly shouldn't be going for OCM.

(( Again, should anybody be seriously considering OCM then the course used for DBA OCP cannot count toward OCM verifiable courses, so if you have both advanced and non advanced training course taken use the non advanced course for your DBA OCP leaving advance courses against OCM .... and read the following statement carefully. ))
                Please note that you must complete TWO of the courses from the list below to fulfill the OCM training requirement. if you used one of these courses to qualify for your OCP certification, you may not use the same course to meet the OCM requirement of 2 advanced hands-on courses.
                • 20. Re: certification - 10g to 11g
                  Thanks bigdelboy for your thorough answer.
                  I'm not considering for OCM, but I'll take into account your suggestions.

Regards,
                  Gulshan
                  1 2 Previous Next