2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2012 5:38 PM by alan.pae RSS

Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Mahmoud_Hagi
      I have server netra440 on which I need to install the new version of Solaris from Dvd but when I issue the command
      ok> boot cdrom -install
      or
      ok> boot cdrom

I face this error
      ERROR:/pci@1,600000/usb@b Last Trap Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Can any one help me
      Give me a hint

When I boot from the disk and log in to the solaris even more I can't see the DVD drive
      It's not detected even though It's detected from the OBP
      IDE DVD Drive
      when I issue the command
      ok> show-disks
      or
      ok> probe-ide

I can see the dvd drive path

so Do any one have any information about the possible causes?

Thanks in advance :)
        • 1. Re: Fast Data Access MMU Miss
          857529 wrote:
          I have server netra440 on which I need to install the new version of Solaris from Dvd but when I issue the command
          ok> boot cdrom -install
          or
          ok> boot cdrom

I face this error
          ERROR:/pci@1,600000/usb@b Last Trap Fast Data Access MMU Miss
          How did you get to the OK prompt?
          If you went down+ to it from a running OS, then there are tons of data registers that are full of extraneous data and the MMU miss error is classic. It simply says to you "I am confused so go do it right".

You could consider doing an init 0 (as root user) from a running OS, or (a better approach) you could consider modifying your OBP settings for auto-boot so that the system always stops at OBP instead of automatically proceeding to an OS.

If you went up+ to the prompt from a powered-down state and interrupted boot to get there and still see this error message, then you would have a hardware issue. Very rare.
          When I boot from the [hard] disk and log in to the solaris even more I can't see the DVD drive
          It's not uncommon to have an empty optical drive "missing" if it is empty. Volume management wouldn't have a volume to manage. If you have difficulty in such a circumstance when there is a disk in that optical drive, then the volume just hasn't been mounted yet.
          • 2. Re: Fast Data Access MMU Miss
            alan.pae
            Fast Data Access MMU Miss generally means something is not being found. And it usually revolves around upgrading the OS and not upgrading the firmware. So try either upgrading the firmware or downgrading the OS.

alan