2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2012 3:24 AM by paulfoel RSS

pkgadd, pkginfo, ssh not working

paulfoel
      Got a feeling someone has been fiddling around or something has got corrupt but I'm getting the following errors now:-

-bash-3.00# pkginfo
      ld.so.1: pkginfo: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.7: open failed: No such file or directory
      Killed
      -bash-3.00#

and also ssh:-

-bash-3.00# ssh
      ld.so.1: ssh: fatal: libcrypto.so.0.9.7: open failed: No such file or directory
      Killed
      -bash-3.00#

maybe openssl or something? Trouble is I cant reinstall because pkgadd doesnt work. Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: pkgadd, pkginfo, ssh not working
          User171873
          I'd check to see whether the files are present (in /usr/sfw/lib). Assuming they are absent, you could manually copy them in from another source (distribution media for example). If you can the get missing files into their proper place, perhaps you could get pkginfo, pkgadd, etc. working again and use them to make more complete repairs. Alternatively, you could boot the distribution media, mount your filesystems manually and use the packaging commands from the distribution media (with the -R option) to do the repairs. I hate situations like this because it may be hard to know the extent of the damage. There is always pkgchk I guess.
          • 2. Re: pkgadd, pkginfo, ssh not working
            paulfoel
            Thanks. I'll check the files and see if this works.