6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2012 10:02 AM by jduprez RSS

answer disappeared

hi,
      I posted an answer to this thread:
      Urgent: KrbException: Integrity check on decrypted field failed (31)
      but my answer disappeared after several days;
      my answer was clearly technical, no abuse, no external links, no product marketing

what happened to my answer?

thanks
        • 1. Re: answer disappeared
          BluShadow
          user10118382 wrote:
          hi,
          I posted an answer to this thread:
          Urgent: KrbException: Integrity check on decrypted field failed (31)
          but my answer disappeared after several days;
          my answer was clearly technical, no abuse, no external links, no product marketing

what happened to my answer?

thanks
          Difficult to know, because if it's deleted, then it's deleted and not even the moderators or admin can see it.

It's not a forum I frequent myself as a moderator, and I don't know which moderator does (or it could have been admin). Was the post relevant to the topic and forum it was in? Did you post any links as a 'signature'?
          • 2. Re: answer disappeared
            I reposted my answer there;
            maybe you can check if it contains anything inappropriate;
            • 3. Re: answer disappeared
              After peeking at the thread the only guess I might make
              is that in that Java grouping of sub-forums, topics tend to be rapid fire ask/answer
              and threads are "finished" after a day or so (even if not marked as "Answered").

That particular thread was one of those URGENT! URGENT! postings that were immediately abandoned by the O.P. after receiving an initial reply. They never returned to continue the conversation on their issue. It's their only posting to the entire forum site as well.

Your post seems to read as if it were a "Me Too" post instead of a supportive reply to that O.P., and it is some 6+ weeks after the thread was begun.
              A speed-read glance by a moderator could have interpreted it as a thread hijack.
              • 4. Re: answer disappeared
                thanks.
                I hope my answer wont't be deleted this time,
                as I think I added some new information
                (the more exact environment of reproducibility),
                and I also hope for some resolution for that issue
                • 5. Re: answer disappeared
                  BluShadow
                  rukbat wrote:
                  After peeking at the thread the only guess I might make
                  is that in that Java grouping of sub-forums, topics tend to be rapid fire ask/answer
                  and threads are "finished" after a day or so (even if not marked as "Answered").

That particular thread was one of those URGENT! URGENT! postings that were immediately abandoned by the O.P. after receiving an initial reply. They never returned to continue the conversation on their issue. It's their only posting to the entire forum site as well.

Your post seems to read as if it were a "Me Too" post instead of a supportive reply to that O.P., and it is some 6+ weeks after the thread was begun.
                  A speed-read glance by a moderator could have interpreted it as a thread hijack.
                  Well, not a reason I'd delete a post. I may add a post to point out it's an inactive or old thread, or if the post is off-topic suggest they start their own thread, or if it's really old and obviously run its course, I'd post to say I was locking it as well, but not delete a post that's not spamming. Maybe the java forum moderators are more abrupt in the way they do things? :)
                  • 6. Re: answer disappeared
                    jduprez
                    Well, not a reason I'd delete a post. I may add a post to point out it's an inactive or old thread, or if the post is off-topic suggest they start their own thread, or if it's really old and obviously run its course, I'd post to say I was locking it as well, but not delete a post that's not spamming. Maybe the java forum moderators are more abrupt in the way they do things? :)
                    (looking sideways if any Java mod is within ear-reach)
                    Ahem... why, yes, they are a tad quick-of-the-click :o)

J.

Edited by: jduprez on Sep 17, 2012 12:01 PM