This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 8:03 AM by Alan Lawlor RSS

RMS Users and Roles

AnveshReddy Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

How to create additional Roles and Users for RMS ?

Am having the problem with a newly created user. I can login to application with newly created user but getting errors nothing is visible in application.

Regards,

Pawan Kalyan

Edited by: Anvesh Reddy on Sep 4, 2012 7:06 PM
  • 1. Re: RMS Users and Roles
    praveenps Explorer
    Hi Pawan,

This is because of missing public synonyms. When ever you create additional user other than schema owner you have to do an additional step of creating public synonyms. After creating public synonyms of all objects owned by schema owner user(RMS13DEV) who owns RMS,you have to grant your new user permission to access this sysnonyms. I think this step is mentioned in Installation guide.

Regards,
    PPS
  • 2. Re: RMS Users and Roles
    AnveshReddy Newbie
    Hi PPS,

Thank you for you reply

But I have messed up with this thing. I have tried what you mentioned but the same problem.
    Can you please explain in detail so that I can rectify the problem with me.
  • 3. Re: RMS Users and Roles
    praveenps Explorer
    Hi Pawan,

Can you please specify which version of RMS you are dealing with. If it 13 and above you have to deal with security group linking. So please list down all the steps you performed so as to get an idea about missing step.

Regards,
    PPS
  • 4. Re: RMS Users and Roles
    Alan Lawlor Explorer
    Hi Pawan,

In addition to creating a database user, you must set up the user within the RMS application:
    rtkstrt -> control -> setup -> user attributes (or add an entry to table USER_ATTRIB).
    Don't forget to add a user/group link (from menubar of above form) (or add entry(ies) to SEC_USER_GROUP).

If your new user's database role is not DEVELOPER (n.b. must be default role), then you will also need to add entries for this new db role as to which menu items this role has access to (Tree Administration), order approval limits, etc.

In addition to the database role (which controls functional access), you have roles within RMS for access to location and merch hierarchy (i.e. data access). If the user/group link used is not the default group id 1, then you need to set up the location/product security for this new group on Control -> System -> Location/Product Security.

This list is not exhaustive of all the types of security associated with the DB role and the User Group, but it is a start.

Alan

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points