2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2012 5:49 PM by Abhinav

unique constraint violated error for DB Adapter call in flowN activity

talentHunt
      I am calling a DB adapter from BPEL flowN activity to merge (insert or update) records into DB.

In each flow the order is:
      1. Call DB and insert the request message.
      2. Call some external system and receive the data.
      3. Update the row created in #1 with the data received in #2.

Some cases the records are getting merged successfully, but in some cases out of 10 DB calls (flowN calls) 2 are failing to merge and giving the below error:

<bpelFault><faultType>0</faultType><bindingFault xmlns="http://schemas.oracle.com/bpel/extension"><part name="summary"><summary>Exception occured when binding was invoked. Exception occured during invocation of JCA binding: "JCA Binding execute of Reference operation 'merge' failed due to: DBWriteInteractionSpec Execute Failed Exception. merge failed. Descriptor name: [DB_xxxx_DTLS.xxxxDtls]. Caused by java.sql.BatchUpdateException: ORA-00001: unique constraint violated . Please see the logs for the full DBAdapter logging output prior to this exception. This exception is considered not retriable, likely due to a modelling mistake. To classify it as retriable instead add property nonRetriableErrorCodes with value "-1" to your deployment descriptor (i.e. weblogic-ra.xml). To auto retry a retriable fault set these composite.xml properties for this invoke: jca.retry.interval, jca.retry.count, and jca.retry.backoff. All properties are integers. ". The invoked JCA adapter raised a resource exception. Please examine the above error message carefully to determine a resolution. </summary></part><part name="detail"><detail>ORA-00001: unique constraint violated </detail></part><part name="code"><code>1</code></part></bindingFault></bpelFault>

Is there any property that I need to add to achieve parallel processing using flowN.

Please help me.

Thanks
      Regards
      Shyam