3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2012 3:03 AM by 960773 RSS

SOAP Error

Hi All,

This is my first post here. Sorry to be asking for help on my first one.

I'm running SGD 4.7 on a Fedora Linux machine. I was previously running 4.6 and although it was a bit "clunky", it did work. Everything has installed OK, etc but when I try to authenticate after a fresh install, I get the following error message (in the logs as well as on the screen).

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Processing instructions are not allowed within SOAP messages

Has anyone else come across this before. I've done the usual searching, etc but I can't find anyone that has has this error using SGD. it's appeared a few times with other apps, apparently, but I have no idea how to debug and (hopefully) fix it.

Can anyone help at all?

Thanks a lot.

Paul
        • 1. Re: SOAP Error
          Mrbrown-Oracle
          can you reproduce this on a supported OS? Fedora is not supported.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26362_01/E26357/html/reqs-sgd.html#regs-sgd-platforms
          • 2. Re: SOAP Error
            Hi Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm actually just waiting for an Oracle Linux 6.3 install to come down. Once it's downloaded, I'll see how it looks on that O/S.

Thanks

Paul
            • 3. Re: SOAP Error
              Hi There,

I installed on an Oracle Linux 6.3 build. There was a similar Java issue as there was on Fedora. However, it was different enough that I could do some searching/debugging and get it working.

When the https port is changed from the default (443) to something else (which I did), the following file needs to be edited to account for it.

/opt/tarantella/webserver/tomcat/<version>/shared/classes/com/tarantella/tta/webservices/client/apis/Resources.properties

Restart the process and it works fine :-)

Thanks for the help.

Paul