1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2012 2:33 AM by kingadmin RSS

Forms Reports Integration

kingadmin
      Hi,

Oracle 10g.

I face the problem when calling report from form. i pass the application owner (contain all objets ) as parameter

V_Hidden_Action := V_Hidden_Action ||'&userid=' ||'Application_Owner'||'/'
                          ||V_Usr_PassWord||'@'
      ||Get_Application_Property(connect_string);

and i connect with application user User 1 the report is not running the report is not recognize to this application
      objects Why?

Regards,

Edited by: kingadmin on Aug 29, 2012 8:56 PM
        • 1. Re: Forms Reports Integration
          Rzuluaga - Oracle-Oracle
          Hi,
          please provide the error you are getting when trying to run your forms code.

Regards, Roberto
          • 2. Re: Forms Reports Integration
            kingadmin
            Hi,

Thanks for replay ....

The application owner contain table 1 and i need user 1 to select from this table. so i pass the application owner as parameter when calling reports

but still the report is not running .

Regards,
            • 3. Re: Forms Reports Integration
              Rzuluaga - Oracle-Oracle
              Hi,
              if you need other DB user to have access to a DB object then what about granting a SELECT to that user1?

Regards, Roberto
              • 4. Re: Forms Reports Integration
                kingadmin
                You may be missunderstand me: i am login with user 1 which is assiged to role at runtime and i need to run reports by this user so i face that you have to set the role in the report also but for some reason i remove the setting option . And i try to pass the schema owner as parameter when calling reports my problem is the reports is not recognize to passing user but recognize only to login user .why ?
                • 5. Re: Forms Reports Integration
                  kingadmin
                  Any idea?

Edited by: kingadmin on Sep 4, 2012 4:59 PM
                  • 6. Re: Forms Reports Integration
                    Prabodh
                    Check this out, it has all that you will ever need for Forms/Report Integration.http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/migration/frm10gsrw10g-132606.pdf

Cheers,
                    • 7. Re: Forms Reports Integration
                      kingadmin
                      Thanks,

I already build my procedure from this documents but i am still facing problem with
                      This statment
                      Check my first post
                      • 8. Re: Forms Reports Integration
                        Prabodh
                        And you have verified your installation using steps in http://docs.oracle.com/html/B14048_02/pbr_strt.htm ?

Cheers,
                        • 9. Re: Forms Reports Integration
                          Michael Ferrante-Oracle
                          After re-reading what you posted, I don't fully understand the problem. It sounds like you are saying that by default, "user1" does not have permission to access the data needed to run the report. At runtime, you grant the needed permissions then attempt to run the report.
                          "... i face that you have to set the role in the report also but for some reason i remove the setting option . And i try to pass the schema owner as parameter when calling reports my problem is the reports is not recognize to passing user but recognize only to login user .why ? ..."
                          Even more confusing is your code snippet that you provided. Why are you trying to pass the uname and password? Does your report use a parameter form? This would be the only reason to do this. Also, do you think it is really such a good idea to be granting permission at runtime then, I suspect trying to revoke it at runtime??? You do understand that if there is a failure before revoking occurs that the user will keep what you granted, unless you are doing this at the session level? I don't see this as a good approach. Create a view if you are concerned about users have editing permissions on the data. Granting and revoking at runtime seems sloppy in my opinion.

Anyway, if none of this gets you going in the right direction, I recommend providing more clear details about the problem. You should include complete product version information. Do not simply say something like "I am using 10g". This does not represent a version number or a particular product. Provide the db version and Forms/Reports version. Explain your goal. What are you trying to accomplish. Share more of the code, so we can see exactly what you are doing. In short, be specific. We don't know your application nor do we know what you are thinking.
                          • 10. Re: Forms Reports Integration
                            kingadmin
                            Thanks for replay ,

I appreciate your help.

---------------------------------------

Oracle Form : 10.1.2.0.2

Oracle Database : 10.2.0.1.0.

---------------------------------------

lets review my issue again.

Suppose I have owner schema Scema1 (Which contain my Applications).

And I create more than one database user example : user1,user2 ....user_n.

At Runtime when any of the application users login i grant him a role using Dbms_Session.Set_Role , and i Revoke from him a role when the user exit from my application.

You notify to me that when the form crach the user still have granted to this role But you mention "unless you are doing this at the session level".What About Dbms_Session.Set_Role?

Ok lets back to my main quesion.

So to run also the report you have also grant role at report level.But I am facing problem in this area i can't set the role at report level " For Security Reason".

So i am go throw workaround solution which is passing the owner schema Schema as parameters using form parameter "User" with the password and the current database.then i encrypted it as you see in the code

but the problem is the report is not recognize to this user still recognize to current connect user not the passing parameter user I don't know why?

This is the part of passing schema owner as parameters

V_Hidden_Action := V_Hidden_Action ||'&user='

||'Schema'||'/'

||V_Usr_PassWord||'@'

||Get_Application_Property(connect_string);

V_Hidden_Action := V_Report_Servlet||'?_hidden_server='||V_Report_Server_Name||F_1_Encode_Url(V_Hidden_Action);

--V_Hidden_Action := V_Report_Servlet||'?_hidden_server='||V_Report_Server_Name||V_Hidden_Action; 

Set_Report_Object_Property(V_Report_OBject_Id,Report_Other,'pfaction='||V_Hidden_Action);

V_Report_Message := Run_Report_Object(V_Report_Object_Id,P_Param_List);

V_Rep_Status := Report_Object_Status(V_Report_Message);

Get_Parameter_Attr(P_Param_List,'DesType',V_OutPut_Type,V_OutPut_Val);

If V_Rep_Status = 'FINISHED' Then

If V_OutPut_Val = 'Cache' Then

V_Job_id := SubStr(V_Report_Message,Length(V_Report_Server_Name)+2,Length(V_Report_Message));

Web.Show_Document(V_Report_Servlet||'/getjobid'||V_Job_id

||'?server='||V_Report_Server_Name,' _blank');

End If;

Else

Message('Error Runing Report');               

End If;

Edited by: kingadmin on Sep 10, 2012 4:40 PM
                            • 11. Re: Forms Reports Integration
                              Christian Erlinger
                              kingadmin wrote:
                              But I am facing problem in this area i can't set the role at report level " For Security Reason".
                              And what security reason might that be which doesn't allow you to change roles at runtime but doesn't care about passing the password of the schemaowner as plain text parameter in the URL?!?

Why don't you prefix your database objects with the schemaowner in your report or use private synonyms instead?

cheers
                              • 12. Re: Forms Reports Integration
                                kingadmin
                                " And what security reason might that be which doesn't allow you to change roles at runtime ."

Because my role is set with password and I do not need the developer to see this password.

You took about passing user name and password but i need to understand what is
                                The use of this parameter &userid
                                • 13. Re: Forms Reports Integration
                                  kingadmin
                                  Any idea?
                                  • 14. Re: Forms Reports Integration
                                    HamidHelal
                                    Check this link...
                                    How to call a report in Forms 10g ?

Hope this helps

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.
                                    1 2 Previous Next