1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 10, 2012 2:13 AM by Helios-GunesEROL RSS

11XE on W2k8R2 (64bit)

Hi,

Just wanted to know if 11XE (R2,32bit) will install and work correctly on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64?

Also, I would like to install either the Oracle 11g Client and/or ODP.NET(x86 and x64) on the same machine, would this work? I cannot find any documentation regarding this and so far I am having some issues. At this point in time I have 11XE and ODP.Net (both x86) on this x64 machine under separate Oracle_homes and I cannot connect to the XE database from either SQLPlus client installed with the respective Oracle_Home..

A related question is: Can I use a 32bit client to connect to a 64bit server? I apologise if this is already answered somewhere, but again I have not been able to find definintive documentation on this

TIA..

Edited by: alwayshungry on 10/09/2012 00:13
        • 1. Re: 11XE on W2k8R2 (64bit)
          Helios-GunesEROL
          Hi;

Its certified with

System architecture ■ Intel (x86)

Operating system One of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
          ■ Microsoft Windows XP Professional
          ■ Microsoft Windows Server 2003 - all editions
          ■ Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 - all editions
          ■ Microsoft Windows Server 2008 - Standard,
          Enterprise, Datacenter, Web, and Foundation
          editions. The Server Core option is not supported.
          ■ Microsoft Windows 7 - Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions

For details:
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17781_01/install.112/e18803.pdf

PS:Please dont forget to change thread status to answered if it possible when u belive your thread has been answered, it pretend to lose time of other forums user while they are searching open question which is not answered,thanks for understanding

Regard
          Helios