6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2012 7:38 AM by 377244 RSS

Unable to Add New Word Document - Any solutions?

Error Message, 'Word cannot save or create this file. Make sure that the disk you want to save this file on is not full, write-protected, or damaged (C\... Policy Modeling Word Temp...)'

I suspect it has something to do with the OPA and/or Word Template. I use Windows 7 and Office 2010. I have no issues with the disk or space.

Edited by: tollieb on Sep 6, 2012 6:33 AM
        • 1. Re: Unable to Add New Word Document - Any solutions?
          Kevin Wan
          Hi,

Just want to clarify a few things in order to reproduce.

1. Is your Windows 7 32bit or 64bit?
          2. Are you using administrator user or not?
          3. Is UAC on or off for the user?
          4. Where is OPM installed?
          5. Where is the project folder that you are saving to?

Thanks,

Kevin
          • 2. Re: Unable to Add New Word Document - Any solutions?
            Hi Kevin

Firstly I am very new to OPA. i have just embarked on re-skilling from Oracle HRMS to OPA.

1. Windows 7 64bit?
            2. I am using administrator user
            3. UAC is on
            4. OPA is installed on my PC. My issue is experienced with post installation check, i.e. create new project, and under rules, Add New Word Document
            5. Project folder: C:/projects

I do not have the same issue with Excel.

Many thanks
            Tollie

Edited by: tollieb on Sep 7, 2012 12:01 AM
            • 3. Re: Unable to Add New Word Document - Any solutions?
              Jasmine Lee-Oracle
              Hi Tollie,

I also have a Windows 7 64-bit machine. I'm successfully running Oracle Policy Modeling 10.4 with Microsoft Office 2007. What version of MS Office do you have?

Try this...

Close OPM, then: Start menu > All Programs > Oracle Policy Modeling > RIGHT-CLICK on Oracle Policy Modeling and select 'Run as administrator'

Does this help? If so, then close OPM and try opening it normally, i.e. not 'run as administrator'. Does OPM work now?

Shouldn't need to 'run as administrator' all the time, but I find it seems to resolve occasional issues like this with the Microsoft docs.

Cheers,
              Jasmine

[Just realised you already said you were using Office 2010, so ignore my question about which version!]

Edited by: Jasmine Lee on 07-Sep-2012 10:42
              • 4. Re: Unable to Add New Word Document - Any solutions?
                Hi Jasmine

Thanks for the response! Running as administrator did not help. I suspect that it is a MS Word problem. The 'Policy Modeling Word 2010 Template.dotm', appears as a read only file and will thus not save. I will keep playing around until I get a solution.

Thanks
                Tollie
                • 5. Re: Unable to Add New Word Document - Any solutions?
                  Bradtuckett-Oracle
                  Hi Tollie,

Which version of OPA are you using using? Have you tried creating a Word document and adding it to the project? If you create a new Word document and save it to the default file location, does that work?

The template files should never be saved - these are used to associate the macros used to interpret the styles.

Regards,
                  Brad
                  • 6. Re: Unable to Add New Word Document - Any solutions?
                    Hi Brad

I have resolved the issue. I re-installed OPA 10.4.1.60. The templates all defaulted as read-only. After reversing this, the app. is working fine, thank you!

Regards
                    Tollie