This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2012 5:06 AM by pavan reddy - oracle RSS

oms.ear not deployed during Oracle OSM 7.0.3 installation

960986 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I installed OSM 7.0.3 as per the steps given in OSM installation guide. But, oms.ear is not deployed on WL server, however the database schema is created properly.
I am using below s/w -
Windows XP, Oracle DB 11g, Oracle WL Server 11g, OSM 7.0.3, RAM - around 3 GB

But whenever I tried deploying oms.ear manually , it's throwing exception mentioned below and let me know appropriate solution for this issue.

Error log is mentioned below -

####<Sep 10, 2012 11:00:22 AM GMT+05:30> <Error> <Console> <INPUHJPC56418> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <weblogic> <> <> <1347255022126> <BEA-240003> <Console encountered the following error weblogic.management.DeploymentException: [J2EE:160149]Error while processing library references. Unresolved application library references, defined in weblogic-application.xml: [Extension-Name: adf.oracle.domain, exact-match: false], [Extension-Name: oracle.jsp.next, exact-match: false].
     at weblogic.application.internal.flow.CheckLibraryReferenceFlow.prepare(CheckLibraryReferenceFlow.java:26)
     at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment$1.next(BaseDeployment.java:613)
     at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:52)
     at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.prepare(BaseDeployment.java:184)
     at weblogic.application.internal.EarDeployment.prepare(EarDeployment.java:58)
     at weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentStateChecker.prepare(DeploymentStateChecker.java:154)
     at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.AppContainerInvoker.prepare(AppContainerInvoker.java:60)
     at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.createAndPrepareContainer(ActivateOperation.java:207)
     at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.doPrepare(ActivateOperation.java:98)
     at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.prepare(AbstractOperation.java:217)
     at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handleDeploymentPrepare(DeploymentManager.java:747)
     at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.prepareDeploymentList(DeploymentManager.java:1216)
     at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handlePrepare(DeploymentManager.java:250)
     at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentServiceDispatcher.prepare(DeploymentServiceDispatcher.java:159)
     at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.doPrepareCallback(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:171)
     at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.access$000(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:13)
     at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer$1.run(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:46)
     at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:528)
     at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:207)
     at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:176)
>

Thanks & Regards,
Shital Chandak
  • 1. Re: oms.ear not deployed during Oracle OSM 7.0.3 installation
    882807 Explorer
    Hi Shital Chandak,

I believe the domain is not created from jdeveloper because those adf framework libs are present in the jdeveloper folder which OSM expects. So please create a new domain from location *"jdeveloper\common\bin"* so that all those adf libs are made available automatically and your installation will be successful.

I am not sure, how to fix the current environment so suggesting to create new domain & probably you can use the same DB Schema.

Here, am just pasting the steps from OSM Installation document.

1. Log in to the machine that will be hosting the administration server in your
    domain.
    2. Do one of the following:
    ■ On a Windows platform, start the configuration wizard from the Start menu.
    ■ On UNIX platforms, go to the /bin directory of your WebLogic Server home
    directory and execute the config.sh file. For example:
    WL_Home/wlserver_10.3/common/bin/config.sh
    The Welcome window appears.
    3. Ensure that Create a new WebLogic domain is selected, and click Next.
    The Select Domain Source window appears.
    *4. Select Generate a domain configured automatically to support the following*
    *products:, and then select Oracle JRF - 11.1.1.0 [jdeveloper].*
    5. Click Next.
    The Specify Domain Name and Location window appears.
    6. Enter the domain name and the domain location, and click Next.
    The Configure Administrator Username and Password window appears.

Thanks
    Naveen Jabade
  • 2. Re: oms.ear not deployed during Oracle OSM 7.0.3 installation
    960986 Newbie
    Hi Naveen,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I was not sure about is ADF required for OSM 7. Your reply helped me to understand the issue. I have successfully installed OSM and able to import, deploy and test the cartridge.

I followed following steps -
    1. Uninstalled WL Server. (as i did not had ADF patch compatible to WL server 10.3.4)
    2. Installed JDeveloper using jdevstudio11113install.exe (which provides WL Server 13.3.3 + ADF)
    3. created domain
    4. Installed OSM with custom installation again only for deploying oms.ear (as DB schema was already created successfully).

Once again, thanks for your help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Shital Chandak
  • 3. Re: oms.ear not deployed during Oracle OSM 7.0.3 installation
    pavan reddy - oracle Journeyer
    ADF is must for OSM 7.0 and later versions.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points