This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2012 5:18 PM by Brandye Barrington RSS

information on java certification

962354 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
i am mca student i am planing to give java 1.6(310-065) examination .i am confuse which exam should i have to give 1.6 or 1.7 .
if 1.7 than which book i have to refer . now i am using scjp Kathy and Bert book for java 1.6.
  • 1. Re: information on java certification
    bigdelboy Pro
    959351 wrote:
    i am mca student i am planing to give java 1.6(310-065) examination .i am confuse which exam should i have to give 1.6 or 1.7 .
    if 1.7 than which book i have to refer . now i am using scjp Kathy and Bert book for java 1.6.
    There is a little talk about Java 6 / Java 7 differences on this recent thread:
    Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 or Java SE 7. Which one is better?

However you appear not to have been aware the java certification exams have been incorporated into oracle's program since oracle bought sun a couple of years ago .... the exam code have now all changed:

Some things you can do are:
    - Visit http://certification.oracle.com and become familiar with the web site and help available there.

THis may be relevant: https://blogs.oracle.com/certification/entry/0719

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=459

I'm sure there is a lot more out there to help you ... you will need to have a look for it yourself in this forum and on {forum:id=923} as I am off to bed!
  • 2. Re: information on java certification
    964901 Newbie
    ***hey dear u beter go for java 1.6 as 1.7 is not yet tht much occupied in the market...n the real appliication still works with java 1.5 n 1.6,it hardly matters...moreovr 1.6 gv u a chance to get to "proffesional level" where as in 1.7 u hv to clear the "associate exam" first and thn u can move to "proffesional level"..i.e u hv to be OCAJP 1.7 certified thn u cn take OCPJP 1.7,but in 1.6 u can directly gv OCPJP,no need to take associate level,thts d advantage,n money saver pack....i gave OCPJP this month n with prepration and refering cathy seira book...i score 98%...soon the version will xpire so it will be advantageous if u get cerified b4 november,coz aftr tht tjis xam wil no longer available*.*.*
  • 3. Re: information on java certification
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    One clarification on the post above - If I am reading correctly, he seems to indicate that the Java SE 6 Programmer OCP exam will retire in November. I could be reading incorrectly. Anyhow, there is no current plan to retire that exam. In any case, if we were planning to retire the exam, we would give at least 3 months notice - announcing on our website, blog, facebook,etc. . .

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 4. Re: information on java certification
    matthew_morris Expert
    I could be reading incorrectly.
    u men u dnt rd laz tpng? hrd 2 bliv tht.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points