This works fine - the new window opens correctly. But on performing any activity on the parent window, the session times out immediately.
The purpose of the ciLink is to open the URL in a new window and I cannot change that functionality.
I have tried (and failed)-
1. Putting the ciLink inside <h:form> tag and using target="_blank".
I am using JDeveloper 188.8.131.52, with weblogic 10.3.6, JSF 2.0.
What I meant was, I need to show the URL in a new window. I am open to using any kind of link. However, I get the issue while using <af:goLink>, with targetFrame="_blank", destimation="myURL". Please note that, when I click on the link, the new window does open. So there's no issue with that. When I go back to the main parent page and try to perform some other action, I get the Session Expired popup.
One thing worthwhile to mention is, whatever I use, whether af:commandImageLink or af:goLink, it works fine when I deploy the application to my local WLS instance on Windows. The moment I try it out on the dev box on Unix, I get this timeout issue.
Some tweaking required in web.xml?
Edited by: Anirban Mukherjee on Sep 16, 2012 8:53 AM
Reason: Additional information.
For a test, can you open a page like www.oracle.com (nothing on your network)?
For me it looks like the new window uses the same session the parent page uses. This causes the session timeout when you go back to the parent, as the session now is connected to the new window.
@Timo - You are right on track about that. I tried www.oracle.com and it worked. So I guess it has something to do with the new URL on same machine (but different port) stealing the parent's session. But I have to get it working. I cannot expect the reports webapp to be deployed on a separate box for the customer.
@Frank - I have only tried windows (WLS development mode). But unfortunately I do not have any control over the dev unix box.
Running short of ideas here!
That was it! Your solution worked. Both the web applications were hosted on the same machine and were using JSESSIONID by default. So one was over-writing the other. I changed the name to something else in weblogic.xml and it worked.
I saw your post yesterday (I had given up hope on getting any reply on this one).