3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2012 6:42 AM by MinistrBob RSS

Where to take GI Patch Set Update for Windows?

MinistrBob
      Where to take and how to find the latest versions of patches GI Patch Set Update for Windows?

For a DB there is article "*ALERT: Oracle 11g Release 2 (11.2) Support Status and Alerts [ID 880782.1]*". I am signed on notification messages by mail. When article *880782.1* changes, to me the notification message comes. From *880782.1* it is possible to pass in article "*Oracle Database, Networking and Grid Agent Patches for Microsoft Platforms [ID 161549.1]*". Here there are links to the latest versions of patches.

The latest versions for GI Patch Set Update it is possible to look in article "*Oracle Recommended Patches - Oracle Database [ID 756671.1]*" but here is not present Windows platform.

1). Where to take and how to find the latest versions of patches GI Patch Set Update for Windows?
      2). Whether It is possible GI Patch Set Update for Windows to find by means of searching on tab MOS "*Patches & Updates*"?

Edited by: MinistrBob on 14.09.2012 14:20
        • 1. Re: Where to take GI Patch Set Update for Windows?
          Simo Kemppinen
          Starting from 11.2.0.2 patch sets are included in full installations. Read more from here:
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e16763/whatsnew.htm

So if you want to update Grid Infra with latest patch. Search MOS advanced search from patches & updates.
          Product : Oracle Database
          Release: Which you want to patch for example: Oracle 11.2.0.3
          Platform: Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
          Search

And look for :
          11.2.0.3.0 PATCH SET FOR ORACLE DATABASE SERVER

There is several packages to download Grid Infra is usually the third package.
          • 2. Re: Where to take GI Patch Set Update for Windows?
            Srini Chavali-Oracle
            In addition, this MOS Doc may help

Quick Reference to Patchset Patch Numbers [ID 753736.1]

HTH
            Srini
            • 3. Re: Where to take GI Patch Set Update for Windows?
              MinistrBob
              Sorry. I do not quite correctly formulated question. I meant the PSU for GI and DB homes and it is for Windows (not Linux etc.).
              (In the "Quick Reference to Patchset Patch Numbers [ID 753736.1]" - no PSU for Windows).

I was advised a good article "RAC PATCHING QUICK REF: Applying CRS PSU, CRS Bundle, GI PSU, Windows Bundles 10.2 - 11.2 [Document 1446371.1]".

After a phrase "Windows patch set exception bundles (bundled patches) are applicable to both CRS / Grid and to RDBMS homes." all became clear at once.

The latest PSU for Windows can be found in "Oracle Database, Networking and Grid Agent Patches for Microsoft Platforms [ID 161549.1]" and apply it to the GI and DB homes