This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 9:40 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

xclock and rapidwiz installer does not work

user437657 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We are running Oracle E-Business suites 11.5.10.2 on Linux OEL 5 two node vmware system.

cannot run xclock and rapidwiz instaler.

I have set DISPLAY like that
DISPLAY=:0.0; export DISPLAY
when I run xclock, don't get any error message but clock does not show.
When I run rapidwiz , don't get any error message but installer does not run.
What I am missing. I am running from PUTTY from office network, what is missing.

Please help.
  • 1. Re: xclock and rapidwiz installer does not work
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    If you are not directly logged in to the server that EBS is hosted on, then you will need two things

1. The IP address for DISPLAY needs to be set to your machine IP address
    2. You will need an X Windows emulator like eXceed on your machine

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: xclock and rapidwiz installer does not work
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Do you have any vncserver processes running on this machine?

Please see these docs.

Linux OS Service 'vncserver' [ID 551711.1]
    Using vncserver(1) to access a remote server [ID 1020686.1]

Configuring VNC Or XVFB As The X Server For Applications 11i [ID 181244.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 3. Re: xclock and rapidwiz installer does not work
    860213 Pro
    Review Below metalink notes, they will give better understanding on Xserver:-

FAQ: X Server Testing and Troubleshooting [ID 153960.1]
    NOTE:113443.1 - Configure and Test an X Server for Running X Windows Applications

Thanks,
    JD
  • 4. Re: xclock and rapidwiz installer does not work
    user437657 Newbie
    Thanks Srini, Hussein and JD,

I will review the notes let you soon.

Regards
    Asad
  • 5. Re: xclock and rapidwiz installer does not work
    user437657 Newbie
    We don't have Hummingbird Exceed in our office. I downloaded xming software and launch xming.
    set the DISPLAY to my PC ip address and also with the linux server etc/host ip address, tired xclcok command, again did not get any errors but could not see clock.
    Then I opened VMware console, as soon as I log in to my Linux server through console, I was able to see clock plus the window executed by rapidwiz command from PUTTY.

So, my question is that if I vmware console window to upgrade r12 (installation and configuration), is that OK ?

I also need to know that my Linux libraries, kernal, patches are compatible with R12. Do I need to open another thread for this purpose.

Thanks for your help. I used this forum for the first time and really impressed, got prompt reply that I could not expect from my SR opened with the Metalink.

Regards
    Asad
  • 6. Re: xclock and rapidwiz installer does not work
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    959660 wrote:
    We don't have Hummingbird Exceed in our office. I downloaded xming software and launch xming.
    set the DISPLAY to my PC ip address and also with the linux server etc/host ip address, tired xclcok command, again did not get any errors but could not see clock.
    Then I opened VMware console, as soon as I log in to my Linux server through console, I was able to see clock plus the window executed by rapidwiz command from PUTTY.

So, my question is that if I vmware console window to upgrade r12 (installation and configuration), is that OK ?
    Yes this is OK
    I also need to know that my Linux libraries, kernal, patches are compatible with R12. Do I need to open another thread for this purpose.
    Pl see this related thread - Requirements for Linux  OEL 5 before upgrade to r12
    Thanks for your help. I used this forum for the first time and really impressed, got prompt reply that I could not expect from my SR opened with the Metalink.

Regards
    Asad
    HTH
    Srini
  • 7. Re: xclock and rapidwiz installer does not work
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE

Yes.
    Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86 [ID 761564.1]
    Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86-64 [ID 761566.1]
    You're welcome!

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points