4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 6:47 AM by Sanjay Desai EBS RSS

Need Help With Inserting Orders

Hi,

We are using oracle 11i with oracle applications. I want to insert a new order into oracle but I don't know what tables I need to insert into or update. I want to take the order all the way from creation to remittance and finally closed. I am using PHP oci to pull data for reporting right now (discoverer views) but there are so many tables that I don't know which ones to insert a new order for. I think two of the tables are oe_order_headers_all and e_order_lines_all.

Has anyone accomplished this type of thing before?

Thanks!!
        • 1. Re: Need Help With Inserting Orders
          Helios-GunesEROL
          Hi;

Your issue is related wiht EBS. There are seeded forum site Oracle Discussion Forums » E-Business Suite » EBS General Discussion.

For your issue you need to check e-trm site to can identifiy tables relation and meaning&integrity.

Regard
          Helios
          • 2. Re: Need Help With Inserting Orders
            EdStevens
            946349 wrote:
            Hi,

We are using oracle 11i with oracle applications. I want to insert a new order into oracle but I don't know what tables I need to insert into or update. I want to take the order all the way from creation to remittance and finally closed. I am using PHP oci to pull data for reporting right now (discoverer views) but there are so many tables that I don't know which ones to insert a new order for. I think two of the tables are oe_order_headers_all and e_order_lines_all.

Has anyone accomplished this type of thing before?

Thanks!!
            You'd be better off in the oracle apps forum: General EBS Discussion
            • 3. Re: Need Help With Inserting Orders
              Ashutosh(297484)
              Steps:

1. You will have to use the Order management interface tables to get the order into oracle. Run order import process and this will validate the SO data before creating the sales order in oracle.
              2. Once SO is created in oracle, then BOOK the SO, either it can be imported as BOOKED or a user has to book it. it is entirely upon what is the requirement.
              3. Once the SO is booked, run pick release process, this can be scheduled or kicked off through code using APIs. I recommend scheduling with an appropriate frequency.
              4. After pick release the Oracle apps can be configured to auto pick confirm and auto ship confirm, this will bypass all user intervention and eventually the SO will be closed and ready for invoicing.

Possible issues:
              1. When pick released if inventory level are not appropriate the SO will be back order and then user intervention is required to fix the issue (either change the SO or correct the inventory). Pick release again and if everything is good it will auto pick and ship and close. Next it will be invoiced.

Recommendation:
              Always user the oracle order management interface tables bypassing this is cause a lot of pain. I have been through it so I am saying this through experience.
              The order import process is complex and using the standard oracle import will weed out a lot of bad SO before they get into the system leaving oracle data clean enough for reporting.

Note:
              The OE tables you have mentioned are oracle seeded OM tables. Oracle order import process will create rows in those tables, dont insert directly into them. let the Order import program handle that. It is again a complex process so dont by pass Order import.
              Use the order interface tables, oracle has provided them for exactly what you are trying to do.

All the best.
              • 4. Re: Need Help With Inserting Orders
                Sanjay Desai EBS
                Hi,

Thanks a lot for sharing you valuable knowledge ....

At our organization, I need to do pick release, pick confirn & ship confirm thru API script.
                It will be highly appreciated if you forward same on sanju_desai99@hotmail.com address .

Thanks a lot in advance
                sanjay