0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 7:29 AM by 962796 RSS

Error callig procedure from .Net app

Hi. I have a procedure that works perfectly fine if I call it from SQL Developer using this code:

VARIABLE x REFCURSOR
      exec MY_PROCEDURE('par1', 'par2', 'par3', 'par4' ,:x);
      PRINT x;

If I try to call it form my .Net app, I get the error:“ Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException ORA-08103: object no longer exists “
      This is the code I sue to call it:

OracleConnection con = new OracleConnection();
      con.ConnectionString = dbConnectionString; //string with the connectio. It is fine because I can connect

OracleCommand cmd = new OracleCommand("MY_PROCEDURE", con);
      cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
      cmd.Connection = con;

cmd.Parameters.Add(new OracleParameter("par1", OracleDbType.Varchar2)).Value = var1;
      cmd.Parameters.Add(new OracleParameter("par2", OracleDbType.Varchar2)).Value = var2;
      cmd.Parameters.Add(new OracleParameter("par3", OracleDbType.Varchar2)).Value = var3;
      cmd.Parameters.Add(new OracleParameter("par4", OracleDbType.Varchar2)).Value = var4;

OracleParameter ref_cursor = new OracleParameter();
      ref_cursor.OracleDbType = OracleDbType.RefCursor;
      ref_cursor.Direction = ParameterDirection.Output;
      cmd.Parameters.Add(ref_cursor);

con.Open();

OracleDataReader dr = cmd.ExecuteReader();

while (dr.Read())
      {  ...   }

The cmd.ExecuteReader command actually "works" the application exception is thrown on the dr.read but If I check the dr object, on the hasRows property I can see the "ORA-08103: object no longer exists" error.

What can be wrong?
      One details is that I have a similar proc that follows pretty much the same logic (of returnig a cursor) and works fine.