1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 8:00 AM by Nicolas Wipfli -Oracle RSS

2530-M2 Disk Failure sample outputs needed

Hi,

We are using a T4 attached to a 2530-M2 Disk Array.
      We are not supporting the Web Based Cam application. So we need to use only CLI.

Currently I am preparing a document for Disk Replacement of the Disk Array via CLI.

My doubts:
      - What are all the states and statuses of a DISK. A healthy and a faulted one's comparison output sample will be of great help.
      - Suppose a disk has reported a 'predictive failure' alarm, how do we check it on CLI (my guess from sscs list alarm). I need a sample output of this too.

Any other inputs or details that can help me are most welcomed !!!

Thanks!!!
        • 1. Re: 2530-M2 Disk Failure sample outputs needed
          Nicolas Wipfli -Oracle
          I would suggest you to install CAM on a test server and use the Online Help just to create your document. This Online Help is the main documentation which will provide you with the information you need, see below.

State

The state of the disk:

Enabled
          Disabled
          Substituted
          Missing

Status

The status of the disk:

Unknown
          Optimal
          Failed
          Replaced
          Bypassed
          Unresponsive
          Removed
          Incompatible
          Predictive Failure

Otherwise, please load the document " [Sun Storage Common Array Manager Array Administration Guide, Version 6.9.0|http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24008_01/pdf/E24011.pdf] " and look at the table 4-40 page 184.

In regards to the PFA alarm, please see the other thread Re: Disk Array 2530-M2 disk replacement procedure via CLI where I've put the details.

Regards
          Nicolas