7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 10:42 AM by v.eckardt RSS

UPK 11 Installation into EBS - Link to Standard Online Help goes away

v.eckardt
      Hello,

I have a question where I need your help. We have installed EBS R12.1.3 and UPK 11. As soon as we perform the described steps in the In-Application Support Guide for UPK11, we are getting only the UPK Player back, when we click on "help in EBS". The Standard Helps is gone, and we can't bring it back. This is the case for the Forms and the Web Interface.

We would like to get a choice if we like to continue with
      a) UPK Player or
      b) EBS Standard Help

Has anyone an idea how to solve it?

Kr
      Volker
        • 1. Re: UPK 11 Installation into EBS - Link to Standard Online Help goes away
          user8795749
          Hi Kr Volker

I hope you don't mind but you seem further advanced than us so just wanted to ask a question and wait to see the answer to your question as well.
          We are currently trying to imbed UPK 11 into EBS 12.1.3 however we have followed the instructions in the doc In-Application Support Guide (found in the download docs) but we don't understand how the help will be referenced by multiple applications. In the support guide it talks about setting the Applications Help Web Agent Profile to:
          URL=http://<server name>:<port>/oracle/hemi/oracle_gateway.html. Which we couldn't get to work at all.
          We found on another site that we shouldn't use the last part hemi/oracle_gateway.html. and use the content server location where we have put the UPK player. We did this and it works but that then only points the help function to one player for all applications. We have a number of applications we want to use it for but we are not clear on how to set it up for multiple applications. Could you please give us some adivice?

Many thanks

Kerry
          • 2. Re: UPK 11 Installation into EBS - Link to Standard Online Help goes away
            v.eckardt
            Hello Kerry,

thanks for your replay. Let me explain how I have understood the way to work with In-Application UPK Content.

If you enable context sensitive recording in UPK (new profile option in EBS R12.1.3.), your content will be marked and each topic will be flagged to be related to EBS. The idea behind is to limit the topics when a user asks for UPK help to the once which are related to the current form.

This marker is also related to the generation of the /oracle/hemi/oracle_gateway.html file as part of your content, which is located in my "Publishing Content/PlayerPackage/oracle/hemi" folder.

So I took everything under PlayerPackage and have put it into my EBS folder $OA_HTML/PlayerPackage (simple ftp).

I changed the Web Agent profile value which points currently to /OA_HTML/PlayerPackage/oracle/hemi/oracle_gateway.html and it works like described in my first post.

The content we are deploying this way is only related to EBS. In addition we have recorded more Topics related to other 3rd party systems. We haven't decided yet where to put this. Personally I wouldn't put that into the same folder, but would create some links from a to-be-created help entry screen (simple html) to allow users to go to EBS UPK help directly or to any other 3rd party UPK material. In all cases my own links will point to the different Players' package oracle_gateway.html files.

PS: we are currently investigating to which extend the metalink note ID 1446398.1 helps us (the Peoplesoft part)

Is my explanation helpful?

Any follow up question is welcome!
            Volker
            • 3. Re: UPK 11 Installation into EBS - Link to Standard Online Help goes away
              user8795749
              Hi Volker

Thank you so much for your help I will test and then get back to you if I have any questions.

Thanks again.

Kerry
              • 4. Re: UPK 11 Installation into EBS - Link to Standard Online Help goes away
                user8795749
                Hi Volker

When I check my player package I don't seem to have an oracle/hemi folder. We have enabled the UPK profile in that environment. I was wondering whether there is something in UPK developer that I need to set to create the file you are talking about for Oracle. I have also raised an SR to Oracle.

Many thanks

Kerry
                • 5. Re: UPK 11 Installation into EBS - Link to Standard Online Help goes away
                  v.eckardt
                  Hi Kerry,

I would like to share with you what I have in terms of self made description, explaining where I stand with my integration. If you are interested look for my name in linkedin "Volker Eckardt" and connect.

Then I will send the material to you .. and we can exchange via e-mail.

kr
                  Volker
                  • 6. Re: UPK 11 Installation into EBS - Link to Standard Online Help goes away
                    Hi Volker,

I`ll be appreciate if You`ll share with me a piece of Yours experience how to install UPK 11 to EBS R12. Unfortumatly i cant find whis document ID 1446398.1, there is only one link to this forum after search

Thank you!

Regards, Inna
                    • 7. Re: UPK 11 Installation into EBS - Link to Standard Online Help goes away
                      v.eckardt
                      This topic has been solved now, we have created an SR.

The following has to be done:
                      1.     EBS Profile Options
                      2.     Player Package deployment
                      3.     Configure In App Help
                      4.     Bounce Apache

kr
                      Volker