6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2012 5:03 AM by user593938 RSS

dbca error

user409261
      Hi:

I was trying to create a 11g database on linux using dbca. At very end "create database" I got 'The file pach +DATADG/orcl/system01.dbf in invalid. Please check the permissions.' How to check the permission?

Thank you and regards.
        • 1. Re: dbca error
          user593938
          Check the permissions of mount point where +DATADG got mounted.                                                                                                                                                                                                   
          • 2. Re: dbca error
            onedbguru
            user593938 wrote:
            Check the permissions of mount point where +DATADG got mounted.
            This ASM - there is no mountpoint.

The OP needs to ensure that both the RDBMS owner AND the grid owner can read/write to the ASM devices. eg: grid:dba with 660 permissions.
            • 3. Re: dbca error
              user409261
              onedbruru:
              Can you tell me how to check where the ASM files write to? You want me to check owner:group (grid:dba with 660 permissions) but I don't know where the file system? From select path from v$asm_disk; I got ORCL:ASM11. What does it mean? THx
              • 4. Re: dbca error
                fjfranken
                Hi,

Have a look at this doc: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e18951/asmca.htm

ASM is residing on physical disks on your system.
                The previous poster meant to check the permissions on the disk-devices user in /dev

Success!

FJFranken
                • 5. Re: dbca error
                  user409261
                  Thanks.
                  • 6. Re: dbca error
                    user593938
                    Yes, whatever FJFranken highlighted was correct.
                    ASM files should be mounted on some physical devices like /dev/disk1 like that, you need to check those permissions

Edited by: user593938 on Sep 19, 2012 3:02 AM