This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2012 6:02 AM by 962615 RSS

Workflow Mail Template Configure

839208 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I have a requirement where I need to edit the Approve/Reject/Request More Information in a mail template. I am using WFMAIL template for the notification message.
The customer wants to have some texts populated when they click on Approve/Reject or Request Information link form email.

e.g-: when click on Reject link form email, my requirement is to add a text mentioned below in bold.

Approval Action: 'Reject'

While providing your response, please be sure your comments are enclosed within single quotes (For example: ‘rejection reason’)

Rejection Reason: ''

NID[214710405/190915119481492185217132756484197438625@WFMAIL]

Thanks in advance,
  • 1. Re: Workflow Mail Template Configure
    SarojaKandepuneni Journeyer
    You can define a new message attribute and overwrite the existing Workflow Open Mail template (WFMAIL:OPEN_MAIL) using below steps

1. Define a message template attribute with name '#WFM_OPEN_MAIL'.
    2. For message template attribute a constant value can be set as '<item_type_internal_name>:<message_internal_name> or you can specify a item attribute to set the value dynamically
    3. Specify the message body as needed
    4. Attach this message to the notification activity

You can refer to Workflow Developer guide Message Definition section header 'Notification Mailer Message Template Attributes' for more details as given below link

http://www-apps.us.oracle.com/wf/doc/wfr1213/wfdg/html/T361836T361983.htm#2806969
  • 2. Re: Workflow Mail Template Configure
    962615 Newbie
    Hello,

In the Workflow Mail Template Configure, we are attempting to discover if we can insert text between the single quotes.

I have a requirement where I need to edit the Approve/Reject/Request More Information in a mail template. The customer wants to have some texts populated in between the quotes in the "Rejection Reason" for the email Template.

e.g-: when click on Reject link form email, my requirement is to add a text mentioned below in italics. This will give the user instructions on what to do....many tiumers they see the single quotes and do not enter in the Rejection Reason.

Approval Action: 'Reject'

Rejection Reason: ' insert rejection reason text here '

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: JfryLove1 on Sep 19, 2012 6:02 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points