OS: Red Hat Linux 5.4 64-bit
DB: Oracle Ent Ed 11gR1 64-bit
Gateway: Oracle Gateway for ODBC 64-bit
(1) Database and gateway reside on same Linux Server.
(2) Trying to connect to remote Sybase Anywhere 10 server on WindowsXP.
(3) Using FreeTDS odbc driver and unixODBC driver manager.
(4) Created public dblink 'txeis'.
(5) tnsping works fine.
(6) inittxeis.ora file:
(7) listener.ora (gateway section of file below; using one listener.ora for both db and gateway but 2 listeners are started):
Given the above, I get the following error:
select * from mytable@txeis
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-28511: lost RPC connection to heterogeneous remote agent using SID=ORA-28511: lost RPC connection to heterogeneous remote agent using
ORA-02063: preceding line from TXEIS
Process ID: 15506
Session ID: 228 Serial number: 19545
As well as the gateway trace could you also change the listener.ora to use the full directory path instead of $ORACLE_HOME ? You should include the path of the ODBC driver manager, so the ENVS parameter should look like -
to create the gateway trace please only add to the gateway init file
HS_FDS_TRACE_LEVEL = 255
and do not specify HS_FDS_TRACE_FILE_NAME.
Then make sure you open a new SQL*Plus session as only when you start a new gateway session the gateway init file is read. Execute your command and exit once you got the error. The gateway log file is then found in $ORACLE_HOME/hs/log.