This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 6:07 AM by 943897 RSS

Hai friends one help .. I tried to install siebel 8.1 (sample) in windows 7

963252 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hai friends i tried to install siebel 8.1(sample) in windows 7 i tried and installed everything perfectly.. its not working fine..

First i installed siebel client and next siebel sample dumb and next is siebel tools

while i installing siebel tools it throwing an error like tat missing Microsoft sql Native client is missing .. and how can i overcomethis (MSNC)

and client is also not opening fine. Can u elaborate the steps and how can i install successfully siebel 8.1 in windows 7 ?

is it possible please explain me and help me to guide and suggest me

Thanks & Regards

Kiran
  • 1. Re: Hai friends one help .. I tried to install siebel 8.1 (sample) in windows 7
    943897 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Kiran,

Please mention the exact error you are facing. Were the Siebel 8.1 image files created successfully ?

Before we install the Siebel client software on our Microsoft Windows workstations or laptops, we should verify that the following
    prerequisites are met:
    1.) Database client software is installed (for Developer Web Client only) [Since you dont have the server env. ,  you dont need to install db client]
    2.) The user account for the installation has administrative rights. (user account must be a member of the local Administrators group)
    3.) Browser security settings are correct

Once you have created the Image files for Tools,Client and Sample DB , just run the oui.exe for Tools/Client , and install.exe for Sample DB.

During Client installation , one thing to note is , Internet Explorer is launched . Here , the browser loads the predeploy.htm file in the client's bin directory to load
    the preconfigured ActiveX controls. When the page displays The download is complete… we can close the browser window , and the installation continues.

For Sample db installation , In the Destination Folder section, click Browse and navigate to the Siebel client installation directory.
    (i.e. Client need to be installed before the sample db)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points