This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 8:32 AM by AutoVueAU RSS

AutoVue 20.2 - Custom Actions and HotSpots

NickBannister Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Guys,

The original posting to this issue helped me out greatly. How ever I have a similar situation if you can please help.

This time i want to be able to call my custom action but pass back data (a basic string value) but this time is is nothing to do with markups.
How do i add to the document properties rather than the markup properties so when i invoke my custom action i can then see the property on the dms servlet side so i can use it to do things.
I cannot see any function on the vuebean to set a property or on the applet object.

My use case scenario is using HotSpots, I have a hotspot key/value that i want to pass back to a custom action in order for me to do something with it.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Nick

P.S I have posted this same article under another old thread sorry so that one can be ignored.
  • 1. Re: AutoVue 20.2 - Custom Actions and HotSpots
    AutoVueAU Newbie
    Did you get the hotspot key/value from the javascript function when the hotspot is fired (e.g. onHotSpot(defKey, hotspotKey,...))?

Is your custom action a VueAction?

If your case is to notify your custom VueAction when a hotspot is fired, then the solution is here: AutoVue 20.2 - HotSpots - Java Implementation only (No JavaScript)
  • 2. Re: AutoVue 20.2 - Custom Actions and HotSpots
    NickBannister Newbie
    Hi,

The help pointing out i need to remove the VueActionHotSpots that is in the .gui file by default really helped and I am able to catch the right click menu click events now which is great so I can implement fully in Java.
    That thread is answered and fine now.

This thread relates to when i do catch a hotspot event i want to call a custom action which is straight forward enough and i have that working too. However i want to pass the hotspot information back to the custom action too.
    I want the custom action to basically go off and get some information for me but i need to know the hotspot information.
    We basically highlight text based on a regular expression and when it finds a match we can right click on it and go to 'Search'.
    I want to use the integration to perform my search on the DM.
    I know how to add a property when dealing with a markup and this be picked up in the custom action but not for the document itself.

Any help much appreciated.

Nick
  • 3. Re: AutoVue 20.2 - Custom Actions and HotSpots
    AutoVueAU Newbie
    I want the custom action to basically go off and get some information for me but i need to know the hotspot information.
    You can get the hotspot information from the hotspot manager before the popup trigger returns the RMB (right click) popup menu.

In the hotspot sample you will found how to get the hotspot information (see getPopupName())
    Get the hotspot using the hotspot manager (see hotspotHittest())
    From the HostSpot you can get the definition and hotspot keys (Hotspot.getDefinitionKey() and HotSpot.getHotSpotKey()).

public String getPopupName(MouseEvent me) {
    HotSpotManager hsm = getHotSpotManager();
    HotSpot hs = hsm.hotspotHitTest(me.getPoint());
    String defKey = hs.getDefinitionKey();
    String hotspotKey = hs.getHotSpotKey();
    .../
    }

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points