This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2012 3:45 AM by AndreasB-Oracle RSS

How to configure calendar Sun Messaging V6 on the IPhone?

962833 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello ALL,

I don't know If it is the right place to post my question here or not?

I'm using Sun Java Messaging V6 suite included the calendar server. one of my users asked me to configure the calendar on his IPhone but unfortunately it doesn't work.
Usually when you have to configure any email account (Yahoo, Gmail ...etc) on the IPhone you will see many options for example: Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders .... etc but on my server I have seen Mail and Notes there is no Calendar and contacts!

Is there any calendar patch for the IPhone?

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks alot for your help
Regards,
Fanar
  • 1. Re: How to configure calendar Sun Messaging V6 on the IPhone?
    ericr Newbie
    You need to have Calendar Server 7, which is part of the most recent Communications Suite 7.

Calendar Server 7 supports the standard CalDAV access protocol, which makes it usable with Apple iCal, iPhone, Thunderbird Lightning, and any other CalDAV clients.

https://wikis.oracle.com/display/CommSuite/Introduction+to+Calendar+Server+7
  • 2. Re: How to configure calendar Sun Messaging V6 on the IPhone?
    962833 Newbie
    Good news, can I just upgrade calender server to 7 or I have upgrade all suite to 7?
  • 3. Re: How to configure calendar Sun Messaging V6 on the IPhone?
    bv116112 Newbie
    On the requirements of Calendar Server 7, have a look here :
    https://wikis.oracle.com/display/CommSuite7U2/Calendar+Server+Release+Notes#CalendarServerReleaseNotes-RequirementsforCalendarServer7Update2

The upgrade to Calendar Server 7 is a major upgrade, including a migration of the calendar database :
    https://wikis.oracle.com/display/CommSuite/Migrating+From+Sun+Java+System+Calendar+Server+6+to+Calendar+Server+7

Cheers, Ben
  • 4. Re: How to configure calendar Sun Messaging V6 on the IPhone?
    962833 Newbie
    Thank you for all the information!

I have 2 questions

1- From where I can download Calender server 7? because I have tried to download from
    (https://edelivery.oracle.com/EPD/GetUserInfo/get_form?caller=WelcomePage) but I couldn't find Calendar 7 solaris 64bit!

2- I have seen the Client Requirements for Calendar Server 7 Update 2

Apple iPhone OS calendar client      3.x and 4.x      Support for scheduling in iOS 4.x on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

But my users they using the latest IOS (IOS 6)
    Do you think it's going to work?

Thanks again,
  • 5. Re: How to configure calendar Sun Messaging V6 on the IPhone?
    AndreasB-Oracle Newbie
    Calendar Server 7 (Calendar Server for CalDAV Clients) is part of the "Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite 7 Update 2 Media Pack"
    that can be found at "Oracle Communication Application" and it is available for Solaris 64 Bit (Sparc and x86).

Well I've not testet IOS6 yet but as Apple iCal is able to use CalDAV RFC based protocol I do not expect any changes at IOS6 here.
  • 6. Re: How to configure calendar Sun Messaging V6 on the IPhone?
    962833 Newbie
    What I have found inside Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite 7 Update 2 Media Pack is: -

Select      Name      Part Number      Size (Bytes)

Download      Oracle Communications Unified Communications 7U2 License Document      V29628-01      68K
    Download      Oracle Communications Mobile Synchronization Server (v1.1.3.1.43)      V30928-01      31M
    Download      Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite 7 Update 2 for Solaris SPARC     V28357-01      799M
    Download      Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite 7 Update 2 for Solaris x86      V28358-01      803M
    Download      Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite 7 Update 2 for Linux      V28359-01      400M
    Download      Oracle Communications Outlook Connector 7.3 Update 1 for Windows      V28360-01      12M

There is no Solaris 64bit!

And which application download contains Calendar Server 7 ?

Thank you alot and Sorry for any inconvenience

Edited by: 959830 on Sep 24, 2012 3:08 AM
  • 7. Re: How to configure calendar Sun Messaging V6 on the IPhone?
    bv116112 Newbie
    Download Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite 7 Update 2 for Solaris SPARC     V28357-01 799M
    Download Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite 7 Update 2 for Solaris x86 V28358-01 803M
    Download Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite 7 Update 2 for Linux V28359-01 400M

The Calendar Server 7 is inside the above mentioned bundles. Just select the right platform you want to deploy on.
    There is no need to chase for 64 bit versions seperately.

Cheers, Ben

Edited by: bv116112 on 24-sep-2012 12:23
  • 8. Re: How to configure calendar Sun Messaging V6 on the IPhone?
    AndreasB-Oracle Newbie
    The bundles also include both version 32/64 bit.

Also Note you need to download Glassfish Application Server (GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1.1) separately because it is not part of the bundles but Calendar Server 7 is a Application which needs to deployed at the Glassfish Server. This can be found at:

https://edelivery.oracle.com/EPD/Download/get_form?egroup_aru_number=12205755

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points