2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2012 9:16 AM by Alejandro Sosa-Oracle RSS

Need help in custom workflow issue

Kavishkar111111
      Hi All,

I have created role using API wf_directory.createadhocrole and sending notification to the respective persons, its working as expected.
      But all the open notification are sent to the current user assigned to the role, also in wf_notifications table i a can see role name assigned to the Reciptent_role column instead of respective person not sure issue was caused due to this.
      Please help to prevent open notification sent to the current user assigned to the role.

Thanks in advance
      Rajesh
        • 1. Re: Need help in custom workflow issue
          SarojaKandepuneni
          If the role email address is null, then all the notifications will be sent to the users assigned to that role. If the notification has to be sent to role only, set the proper email address and notification preference should be MAIL* i.e MAILHTML, MAILHTM2, MAILTEXT, MAILATTH ..etc (this is respective to email notification)

In if you are referring to worklist UI notifications, please check that "Exapnd Roles" is not checked for the Notification activity, if its checked an individual copy will be sent to all its users.
          • 2. Re: Need help in custom workflow issue
            Alejandro Sosa-Oracle
            Rajesh,

Not sure about what you meant with 'But all the open notification are sent to the current user assigned to the role'. That is the intended functionality.

If what you want to achieve is that every user receives the same notification content but in separate notifications to that each user response independently then you have to check the 'Expand Roles' when you define the notification in workflow builder. This way each user will get a notification with a different notification_id.

Regards,

Alejandro