3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2012 10:58 AM by Raghusrinivasan-Oracle RSS

Create Data Control from POJO

ShingoN
      I would like to create a Data Control from a POJO.

In JDeveloper, you would right click on the POJO, and select "Create Data Control" from the context menu.

I'm trying to follow this post to create a Data Control from POJO in OEPE.
      [ADF development with Eclipse (OEPE)|http://biemond.blogspot.jp/2012/06/adf-development-with-eclipse-oepe.html]

There's a section in the post called "We can also generate an ADF DataControl on our own java class".

The problem is, the command is not displayed in my context menu.
      Do I need some kind of activation procedure?

I'm using OEPE 12.1.1.1.0
      I created my ADF Application from the Wizard, with WebLogic 10.3.5 as the target Runtime with ADF extension.

Some help and advise is appreciated.
      Thanx in advance.

Edited by: user1619862 on 2012/09/22 18:31
        • 1. Re: Create Data Control from POJO
          Raghusrinivasan-Oracle
          Hi,

I tested the use case you mention and I am able to create a DataControl on a POJO using the context menu. To debug the issue, please try an alternate way of creating a datacontrol:
          1) Select File->New->Other
          2) From the Wizard, select 'ADF Data Control'
          3) In the wizard panel, 'Bean Class', use the browse button.

You should see the POJO classes in your project. Let me know if are able to use this mechanism to create the data control.

Thanks
          Raghu
          • 2. Re: Create Data Control from POJO
            ShingoN
            Hi RaghuSrinivasan

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestions in a number of ways, and I have my problem solved.

1 Select EJB project as root. This was OK, not only for EJB's. but for POJO's.
            2 Select Dynamic Web project as root.
            The POJO that I wanted to create a Data Control of, was not selectable. I created another Java class from the wizard, and to my surprise, the context menu appeared.

I made a simple mistake of trying to create a Data Control from a POJO that had no explicit constructor.
            Sorry for the hassle.
            • 3. Re: Create Data Control from POJO
              Raghusrinivasan-Oracle
              I am glad you were able to debug the issue. I will review this use case to see if we can improve the usability.

Please share your experience in using the ADF support in OEPE.

Thanks