This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 38 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2013 3:49 AM by PhHein Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    830669 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for informing about this.I was not aware of this till now.Those were the sample questions which i found in google.Thought it might help those who are taking the exam.

will keep it in mind and wont post any more questions in forum.Thanks for the advice.
  • 16. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    781084 Newbie
    Hi Guys,

Today I have cleared my 1z0-451 exam. Aaaah a big relief. :)

For the prepration my inputs are:

1. Study SOA 11g Developer's Guide - http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17904_01/soa.htm
    Note - Only refer those chapters as mentioned in the exam topics.

2. Go through all the presentation available on the "Competency.oracle.com" website under guided learning path for this exam.
    This is available only for OPN partners.

3. Practice atleast - BPEL, MEDIATOR, Bsusiness Events, Business Rules and Human Taskflow.

4. Attend a boot camp on SOA11g.

Dont ask me beyond this as I cant share.... :)
    All the best....

Cheers,
    Kamleshwar Chopra
  • 17. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    226838 Newbie
    Was the test coverd 11.1.1.4 also ?
  • 18. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    The test covers 11.1.1. It doesn't directly address specific features that might have been added in minor updates since then. It mainly focuses on fundamental features that were defined with the 11g announcement. Although some new features have been added to the product since 11.1.1, the "foundation" remains the same.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 19. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    praveenps Explorer
    I would suggest Lucas Jellema's Handbook.... It is superb..
  • 20. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    794786 Newbie
    Hi frnds,

I'm also preparing for 1Z0-451 & reading Lucas Jellema book. Please let me know if this book is sufficient to score in this exam?

Please share any useful material for this exam...

Thanks & Regards,
    Shailendra S.
  • 21. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    733355 Newbie
    Completed the 1Z0-451 exam yesterday and successfully passed the exam.

My studies consisted of :
    - Lucas Jellema's Handbook and take a special attention to the exam topics
    - Complete with "SOA 11g Developer's Guide" http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17904_01/soa.htm for exam topics not fully covered in the handbook
    - Practice at least - BPEL, MEDIATOR, Bsusiness Events, Business Rules and Human Taskflow.
    - Go through all the presentation available on the "Competency.oracle.com" website under guided learning path for this exam. (Only available to OPN partners). The quiz are quite useful.

I didn't follow any training, documentation and practice were enough.
  • 22. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    893006 Newbie
    Thanks for all your discussions. I stumbled upon this thread googling and with help of jellama's book and the oracle's docs , i was able to clear the certification successfully !! Thanks to all :) and wish anyone else all the very best !!!
  • 23. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    900964 Newbie
    Hi,

I am relatively new to SOA . But I have some web services and xsd development experience. Could you pls suggest some preparation ways , materials and approximate time i should take to prepare for this exam..? I am also practicing with some sample BPEL projects .

2. Is this the certification to become a SOA Architect..?

Thanks,
    Praveen S K
  • 24. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    Rafi (Oracle DBA) Pro
    Hi Praveen,
    Can you please post a separate thread of yours for this query.It would help you and others also.

Best regards,

Rafi.
  • 25. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    618802 Newbie
    I passed this exam too. The course Oracle SOA Suite 11g: Build Composite Applications is very useful for the preparation.
    Many questions about the concepts and the architecture.
    You need also SOA skills. There are questions about composite/bpel components/design. It is useful to know a project structure and xml structures.
  • 26. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    936894 Newbie
    hi,

I have cleared the SOA exam. This exam is called "SOA Foundation Practitioner". The website also referes to Associated Certifications: "Oracle Service Oriented Architecture Infrastructure Implementation Certified Expert".

What is the "Oracle Service Oriented Architecture Infrastructure Implementation Certified Expert". Is this same as "SOA Foundation Practitioner" ?

Are there any other SOA related certs offered by Oracle ?

Regards

Saket
  • 27. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    Hello Saket,
    Oracle SOA Foundation Practitioner is the title of the exam. Oracle Service Oriented Architecture Infrastructure Implementation Certified Expert is the title of the certification that is awarded when you pass the SOA Foundation Practitioner exam. You can see this on our website here http://bit.ly/JSG2A5. It is always good to know the certification you will be getting when you complete a certification path. You can find all of our certifications and the requirements to obtain those certifications on our website at certification.oracle.com.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
  • 28. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    954219 Newbie
    Hi there,
    I am planning to take this exam in not so distance future(may be in November 2012) . I ahve started collecting materials and doing soem inital learnings. Can anyone please let me know the duration to study and pass this exam ? I am a JDEdwards technical consultant and know some basics in business services but nothing as SOA.

Appreciate all your response.

Cheers
    Rapunzel
  • 29. Re: SOA 11g 1Z0-451 Study Materials and Sample Questions
    964156 Newbie
    Hi There,

I m java developer with 5 yrs of exp in an application development using java and have started preparing for OCMJEA recently.However, I saw oracle SOA certification on oracle website few weeks back.

So as second thought, i was thinking to appear for oracle SOA certification exam before my OCMJEA exam.
    Please advice whether it will beneficial for me to take up SOA exam in my career plan. As I want to see myself as Solution architect in near future.

Also, please advice 5 yrs of development exp is enough to switch my career to software architecture or Do I have to spend more time as developer to become solution architect?

Your prompt feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    --
    Regards
    Kunal J

Edited by: Kunal J on Sep 25, 2012 12:14 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points