5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 7:31 AM by user6749196 RSS

DMU repository removal

user6749196
      Hi,

I want to remove my Dmu repository but the Menu "Configure DMU Repository" is grayed-out.
      Is there any script available to perform this task in command line?

Thanks for any clue you may have.
      Regards,
      Jerome
        • 1. Re: DMU repository removal
          Sergiusz Wolicki-Oracle
          Do you get any error messages while connecting to the database? Is there any error reported in the Log Pane or in the log files (%APPDATA%\DMU\log\* or $HOME/.dmu/log/*)?

You can drop the repository by running \dmu\dmu\admin\drop_repository.sql but this is not the normal way to do this. The menu item should not be greyed out if you are connected successfully. It would be good to investigate the cause of this issue.

-- Sergiusz
          • 2. Re: DMU repository removal
            user6749196
            Yes thank you, in-between I found the scripts in dmu\dmu\admin directories and used it. It solved my issue.

But to come back to the use case (if interestig for analysis):
            - I launched a conversion on my 11.2.0.3.
            - It failed due to TBS size (had CTAS option set for some of my big tables).
            - I abort the conversion and had to re-import the backup of my db in my applicative schema.
            - Then the menu was grayed-out.

Regards,
            Jerome
            • 3. Re: DMU repository removal
              Sergiusz Wolicki-Oracle
              Thanks Jerome! We will investigate this.

-- Sergiusz
              • 4. Re: DMU repository removal
                Sergiusz Wolicki-Oracle
                The problem was due to the fact that you restored just the application schema from an import file. As the aborted conversion might have left any table in the database in an inconsistent state, you should have restored the whole database from a physical backup (or flashed it back to a point before the conversion started).

If you encounter a space error that you can correct by adding more storage space, you should let the DMU retry the statement after fixing the problem instead of aborting the conversion. To fix the problem, you can connect with a client tool, like SQL*Plus or SQL Developer, issue the required DDL statements, and disconnect. Then, you can select "Retry" next to the error and click the Continue button.

-- Sergiusz
                • 5. Re: DMU repository removal
                  user6749196
                  Hi Sergiusz,

Thanks for this feedback ! I keep the "retry trick". Need then to disable the restricted access.

Regards,
                  Jerome