1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2010 1:33 PM by user12241604

Unable to run the page from JDeveloper

Hi all,
      I am trying to run a OA Framework page. and i'm recieving the following error.

An error was encountered when running "JRADXML"

No response received in 30 secs.

Please try the following:

1) Increase the timeout limit by setting the JRAD.RUNREG_TIMEOUT parameter in the ide.properties file located in the system directory

2) Check the Host Name in the Preferences, under Embedded OC4J

3) See the Log window for any error messages.

I am sure that this is because the OC4J Server was not shutdown properly before. I tried even restarting the PC, but still JDeveloper is throwing me the above error.

I even tried changing the port numbers under preferrences but still the error continues.

yesterday too i had this problem and i wasnt able to execute the page, but when i tried today morning it worked.

Has anyone faced this problem/ Got a Solution

Cheers !!!!
      Senthil
        • 1. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper
          TapashRay
          Please send the log file, or the messages that appear in the pane.
          Thanks
          Tapash
          • 2. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper (Problem Solved)
            This is the Message appearing in the Pane.. and the same information is in the log file...

this time what happened is, i disconnected the machine from network while the OC4J Server was running and when i reconnected and tried running the page.. again i'm facing the problem.

this problem was automatically getting resolved exactly the next day, So, i Changed my System Date and Restarted JDeveloper and Ran the page and it worked.

basically , i think the Server holds/locks some file in the filesystem and it remains locked when the server isnt shutdown properly and when date changes, may be the new file tried to lock would be of diff name (since the filename has sysdate in it..)

[Starting OC4J using the following ports: HTTP=9000, RMI=23950, JMS=9300.]

D:\JDeveloper\jdevbin\jdk1.4.2\bin\javaw.exe -client -classpath D:\JDeveloper\jdevbin\j2ee\home\oc4j.jar;D:\JDeveloper\jdevbin\jdev\lib\jdev-oc4j.jar -Xbootclasspath/p:D:\JDeveloper\jdevbin\jdev\appslibrt\ojdbc14.jar;D:\JDeveloper\jdevbin\jdev\appslibrt\nls_charset12.zip -DFND_JDBC_STMT_CACHE_SIZE=200 -DCACHENODBINIT=true -DRUN_FROM_JDEV=true -mx256m -Doracle.j2ee.http.socket.timeout=1000 com.evermind.server.OC4JServer -config D:\JDeveloper\jdevhome\jdev\system9.0.3.5.1312\oc4j-config\server.xml
            [waiting for the server to complete its initialization...]

Ready message received from Oc4jNotifier.

Embedded OC4J startup time: 4287 ms.

Auto-deploying OA Framework web application deployment descriptor (New server version detected)...

Oracle9iAS (9.0.3.1.0) Containers for J2EE initialized

Message was edited by:
            tcesenthil
            • 3. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper (Problem Solved)
              TapashRay
              can you please try this.
              1. Take a backup of your system folder
              2. delete the system folder.

I have got through jdeveloper problems many time doing this.
              Thanks
              Tapash
              • 4. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper (Problem Solved)
                yup !!! i had also found out the reason why to delete the System folder.

Its because JDev tries to lock the file D:/JDeveloper/jdevhome/jdev/system9.0.3.5.1312/oc4j-config/log/transaction.state in the System folder. So once you delete it, you will not have the above said problem.

But the disadvantage is, we will loose all settings saved, such as new library paths added in project settings, new database connections defined etc.

The Best WorkAround i figured out was, Kill the Process jdevw.

1) Close JDeveloper
                2) If its a windows machine Ctrl + Alt + Del and end the process named jdevw
                3) Then delete the above said transaction.state file
                4) Restart JDeveloper

and now everthing goes fine..

anyways.. thanks tapashray

Cheers !!!
                Senthil
                • 5. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper (Problem Comes Again)
                  Hi guys,
                  this problem seems to very inconsistent..nowadays for me.

Eventhough i shutdown the OC4J Server properly and then disconnect my machine from network, i am still getting this problem.

And tapashray, this deletion of the system folder or the transaction.state file is not always working

i am stuck with this problem forever i guess..
                  • 6. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper (Problem Comes Again)
                    TapashRay
                    well you should not be stuck with some problem forever, let us try to figure out the solution
                    Are you using standalone OC4J server, or are your pages running with the embedded server only ?
                    If embedded server is causing the issue, then i think there could be a installation issue and more related to jdeveloper than OAF, we can take this up with the jdeveloper team and try to get a solution.
                    • 7. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper (Problem Comes Again)
                      well,
                      i am using the Embedded Server that comes with JDeveloper. And day by day i'm noticing more strange behaviours.

the latest one in this list is..

When i work from Office Network i am able to work perfectly in the normal way, but when i am connected from Home Network to Office Network (via VPN), the JDeveloper has started giving these problems..

but to the fact, earlier under same situation, JDeveloper used to work perfectly...

i was thinking that the improper shutdown of the server is causing the problem, but nowadays, i am perfectly Terminating the Embeded OC4J Server via JDeveloper then proerply exit JDeveloper and hibernate my PC and later when i connect from home.. its causing this prblm..

surely there isnt issue with VPN , cause the database access and other network access has been pretty fast..
                      • 8. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper (Problem Comes Again)
                        TapashRay
                        If you say that things work fine from your office network and not from VPN, then it must point to a network problem.
                        why dont you ask your sysadmin if you need to address the proxy when you work from home using VPN.
                        you can change the settings in Jdev

Tools->Preferences->Web Browser/Proxy

I think that should resolve your problem.

Thanks
                        Tapash
                        • 9. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper (Problem Comes Again)
                          As i've mentioned before, the proxy setup and everthing used to remain intact as in office network and things used to work.
                          • 10. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper (Problem Comes Again)
                            TapashRay
                            that is what i wanted you to check with your sysadmin if your VPN needs a proxy change or not.
                            • 11. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper (Problem Comes Again)
                              The problem was solved.

The problem was lying with the proxy settings.

I started checking the proxy settings for the past two days, and something strange was happening. Whenever i connected via VPN, the proxy exceptions were lost, which was why the server wasnt able to respond. I didnt know how its getting reset, but yesterday
                              • 12. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper (Problem Comes Again)
                                TapashRay
                                so i was right in saying that we need not live with the problem.
                                cheers
                                Tapash
                                • 13. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper (Problem Comes Again)
                                  Yup !! that was true.. thanx for ur ideas

Cheers !!!
                                  Senthil
                                  • 14. Re: Unable to run the page from JDeveloper (Problem Comes Again)
                                    Hi,

Now iam getting the same error when i work in Tarantella Jdev 10.0.1.3

Can anyone tell me how to avoid this problem.

Thanks,
                                    Kiran
                                    +91 40 6639 4631
                                    1 2 Previous Next