5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2012 9:59 AM by BrianPa RSS

Upgrade from OEM 12.1.0.1.0 to 12.1.0.2.0 SYSMAN_OPSS error

Rejjr00017
      Today I try to upgrade the OEM12C (12.1.0.1.0) to OEM12c R2 (12.1.0.2.0).
      I used the out of place upgrade using the same Database.

So I already have a database (OEMDB) running for 12.1.0.1.0
      I used the "Upgrade an existing Enterprise Manager System"
      - One System Upgrade.
      Select my installed Oracle home ( 12.1.0.1.0 )

Give another directory for the new install for the OMS and Middleware product.
      Give the info for my OEMDB.

The error I received was in the "*MDS SChema Configuration"*.
      Fund in the */Middleware/oms/cfgtoologs/cfgfw/oracle.sysman.top.oms_2012-09-25_07-40-10-AM.log*

INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Starting APM Schema Creation.
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:APM Component is already created
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:The plug-in MDS Schema Configuration has failed its perform method
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:About to execute plug-in MDS Schema Configuration
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:The plug-in MDS Schema Configuration is running
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Internal PlugIn Class: oracle.sysman.oms.MDSSchemaConfiguration
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Classpath = /app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/sysman/jlib/omsConfig.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/jdbc/lib/ojdbc6.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/sysman/jlib/emcore_client.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../modules/com.bea.core.apache.log4j_1.2.13.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/jlib/rcucommon.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/jdbc/lib/ojdbc6.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/sysman/jlib/emagentSDK.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.xdk_11.1.0/xmlparserv2.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.odl_11.1.1/ojdl.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.xdk_11.1.0/xml.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.jdbc_11.1.1/ojdbc6dms.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.dms_11.1.1/dms.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.odl_11.1.1/ojdl.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/jlib/rcu.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/jlib/SchemaVersion.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/jlib/ua.jar:/app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms/../oracle_common/modules/oracle.ldap_11.1.1/ojmisc.jar
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:BaseConfiguration:invoke:Starting BaseConfiguration invoke method on an aggregate=oracle.sysman.top.oms for Action=configuration in step=7:microstep=0
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:__________________________DUMPING PARAMETERS______________________________________________
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:OracleHome: /app/oracle/oraoms/OEM12C/Middleware/oms
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Connect String: (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=<OEMSERVER>)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=OEM12)))
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:SYS User: SYS
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:________________________________________________________________________
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:MDS Schema Creation status: COMPLETED
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:MDS Schema Creation is successful
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:_______________________________________________________________________
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Starting opss Schema Creation.
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:*Failed to create OPSS schema*
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:_______________________________________________________________________
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:Starting APM Schema Creation.
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:APM Component is already created
      INFO: oracle.sysman.top.oms:The plug-in MDS Schema Configuration has failed its perform method

Like I said, my SYSMAN<*> schema already exist, so this is an upgrade and not a new install.
      Seems like the upgrade try to re-create the SYSMAN_OPSS schema.
      SYSMAN_APM already exist since Feb 13th, like the SYSMAN_OPSS.

Any idea what could I look for ?

Thank you

Rejean
        • 1. Re: Upgrade from OEM 12.1.0.1.0 to 12.1.0.2.0 SYSMAN_OPSS error
          Akanksha Sheoran Kaler
          Hi Can you log and SR and send me the sr number. I know what is the issue here but let me look at the log to confim and get back to you

Are you connecting to the host whre you have invoked the runinstaller via VNC ?

- $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/log/schemamanager zipped
          - $ORACLE_HOME/cfgtoollogs/ zipped
          - central inventory logs
          /Middleware/oms/cfgtoologs/cfgfw/oracle.sysman.top.oms_2012-09-25_07-40-10-AM.log

-Akanksha
          • 2. Re: Upgrade from OEM 12.1.0.1.0 to 12.1.0.2.0 SYSMAN_OPSS error
            Rejjr00017
            I already open a SR 3-6242073511

I used SecureCrt to connect to the unix server.
            The OMS (WLS) and the Database run on the same host.

I already upload the log to the SR.

Thank you

Rejean
            • 3. Re: Upgrade from OEM 12.1.0.1.0 to 12.1.0.2.0 SYSMAN_OPSS error
              Rejjr00017
              Hi Akanksha,

I notice in anther thread (EM12cR2 install fail in omsca at upgradeOpss ) some problems that look a bit like the one I have.
              I'm using SecureCRT with Reflexion x.
              Tomorrow morning I will verify some configuration of the reflexion X.

But all the installation of the OEM12c and BP1 patch was all installed from the same PC, with the same configuration.
              PS: Will verify if the initial installation was made from the same PC.

Thank you

Rejean
              • 4. Re: Upgrade from OEM 12.1.0.1.0 to 12.1.0.2.0 SYSMAN_OPSS error
                Rejjr00017
                Ok, the problem was not resolve, but because this is the production OEM, we could no longer have it down.
                We have the PSU patch to install this week and need the OEM.
                So I rollback the ugrade and restart the oem 12.1.0.1.0.

I also close the SR because my boss don't want to put too much hours and effort on this. We have alot of problem with OEM since we install it. Even after the BP1. So we would put our efforts on installing a new OEM 12.1.0.2.0 with a new repository created with the database template like suggested on the Oracle Download site.

Thank you guys for your help.

Rejean
                • 5. Re: Upgrade from OEM 12.1.0.1.0 to 12.1.0.2.0 SYSMAN_OPSS error
                  BrianPa
                  Sorry you had such difficulty, Rejean. I posted the other thread about an error on upgradeOpss that you had mentioned, and my problem was resolved by using vncserver on the OMS host and TightVNC on my desktop computer. I don't know if SecureCRT has the same issues as Cygwin did for me.

If it helps you at all, I was also able to install 12cR1 and BP1 with no trouble at all using my original X-windows setup; but it did not work with the upgrade. Hopefully you don't have too many targets to re-enter in a new installation.