1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 8:55 PM by fmercury Go to original post
      • 15. Re: 3.1EA1 File browser bug?
        konstantin.gudjev
        Hi Gary,

1. I have done in SQL Developer TOOLS/Preferences .... and unchecked all boxes for Subversion/General.
        That solved the problem with Files Browsing, but not the issue of opening .sql files.

2. I have increased memory for VM up to 2048. Same problem.

3. I have done in SQL Developer Versioning then Configure ... and unchecked Versioning Support for Subverion 11.1.1.4.37.59.48.
        Thus, I removed SQL Developer integrated support for Subversion. It is working now and SQL Developer use only 300 K.

I think, If you use TortoiseSVN you don't need such a support in SQL Developer.

Konstantin
        • 16. Re: 3.1EA1 File browser bug?
          konstantin.gudjev
          Hi Gary,

1. I have done in SQL Developer TOOLS/Preferences .... and unchecked all boxes for Subversion/General.
          That solved the problem with Files Browsing, but not the issue of opening .sql files.

2. I have increased memory for VM up to 2048. Same problem.

3. I have done in SQL Developer Versioning then Configure ... and unchecked Versioning Support for Subverion 11.1.1.4.37.59.48.
          Thus, I removed SQL Developer integrated support for Subversion. It is working now and SQL Developer use only 300 K.

I think, If you use TortoiseSVN you don't need such a support in SQL Developer.

I can't download TortoiseSVN old version. Server uses 1.7.7 and I have to.

Konstantin
          • 17. Re: 3.1EA1 File browser bug?
            Gary Graham-Oracle
            Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for the update -- if the integrated SVN support is not required, it can be turned off.

Those that want integrated support, but are unable to follow the suggestion to downgrade the external SVN client, most likely must wait on a solution from the JDeveloper Team that SQL Developer can adopt in some future release. Until then, turn it off by not ticking the box in either:

1. Versioning | Configure, or
            2. Tools | Preferences | Extensions| Versioning Support 11.1.1.4... | Configure

and use the external SVN client as needed.

Regards,
            Gary
            • 18. Re: 3.1EA1 File browser bug?
              Meghan A-Oracle
              I've run into this problem too ("When we try to use File browser of SQL Developer to browse versioned directories, it hangs with 'loading...' message."). However, when I did the following the problem was fixed:
              Preferences --> Versioning --> General, uncheck "Use Navigator State Overlay Icons" and "Use Navigator State Overlay Labels"

I can now browse versioned directories in the file browser where they were hanging on "loading..." earlier. Not sure if this will work for other people, but it's worth a try.

SQL Developer version: 3.1.07
              SVN version: 1.7.5
              TortoiseSVN version: 1.7.7

- Meghan
              1 person found this helpful
              • 19. Re: 3.1EA1 File browser bug?
                fmercury
                I just downloaded the latest version of SQL Developer (3.2.10.09) to see if anything new has happened with the issue. I then checked the forum and it's good (and bad) that the problem is shared by others outside of just me. I tried turning off the Subversion overlay support as mentioned before and that does make browsing the files work in the File Browser. However, it does not look like any files can actually be loaded/edited. As soon as I double-click on a file, the memory footprint goes up to >700MB. The app doesn't lock up, but it refuses to open any files. I can open any files not under Subversion without a problem. Fortunately, it doesn't lock up the app and I can quit normally.

My current workaround if I want to access a file that's in a Subversioned folder is to copy it to another folder and edit it there. Of course, I would then have to copy it back when I'm done. Usually, I just edit my code using TextPad and copy the finished changes over to another folder for SQL Developer to load and compile.
                1 2 Previous Next