This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 6:21 AM by 943897 RSS

Error while installing Siebel Client

930442 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

When I am installing the Siebel Developer Client on my Window XP laptop, the installation is stuck at 35% and the following error is obtained from the .err file generated in C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\logs

java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid distance code
     at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:140)
     at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(ZipInputStream.java:139)
     at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:90)
     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiix.OiixFileOps.copyStream(OiixFileOps.java:1470)
     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiij.OiijFastJarExtracter.copyFileFromJar(OiijFastJarExtracter.java:307)
     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiij.OiijFastJarExtracter.copyJarContents(OiijFastJarExtracter.java:227)
     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiij.OiijFastJarExtracter.extract(OiijFastJarExtracter.java:146)
     at oracle.sysman.oii.oiij.OiijJarExtractQueue$OiijJarExtractWorker.run(OiijJarExtractQueue.java:341)

Please help !

Thanks
Swati
  • 1. Re: Error while installing Siebel Client
    943897 Newbie
    Swati,

Were the Siebel 8.1 image files created successfully ? I had setup client env. in xp last week , and did not get the error mentioned.

Also , If you are trying to install Developer WebClient , you need to have the DB client installed first..

Before we install the Siebel client software on our Microsoft Windows workstations or laptops, we should verify that the following
    prerequisites are met:
    1.) Database client software is installed (for Developer Web Client only ; if you are installing Mobile Client , i.e. if you dont have a server db , you dont need this)
    2.) The user account for the installation has administrative rights. (user account must be a member of the local Administrators group)
    3.) Browser security settings are correct (for ActiveX)

Once you have created the Image files for Tools,Client and Sample DB , just run the oui.exe for Tools/Client , and install.exe for Sample DB.

During Client installation , one thing to note is , Internet Explorer is launched . Here , the browser loads the predeploy.htm file in the client's bin directory to load
    the preconfigured ActiveX controls. When the page displays The download is complete… we can close the browser window , and the installation continues.

For Sample db installation , In the Destination Folder section, click Browse and navigate to the Siebel client installation directory.
    (i.e. Client need to be installed before the sample db)

Clean up from this , and try a fresh install.

All the best,
    Hari
  • 2. Re: Error while installing Siebel Client
    943897 Newbie
    I also feel that the JAR files might be corrupted , which so often happens .
    Compare the JAR file size you have downloaded with those in edelivery.oracle.com to see if they are downloaded correctly.

Regards,
    Hari
  • 3. Re: Error while installing Siebel Client
    943897 Newbie
    ZipException gets thrown because of an error in the zip format.

regards,
    Hari

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points