This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 7:28 AM by user8004614 RSS

CRMOD Custom Lookup

user8004614 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I want to create a custom lookup to populate a custom field.

I have created the custom text field, custom report with the data and select link. Also I have the web link to call the custom report.
Now when I click the web link, the custom report is opened in a separate window. but when I click the select link/column from the report nothing happens.

Could someone guide me on what to do on click of the select link. I want the data to be passed to the new custom field and close the second window.

Thanks for your help.
  • 1. Re: CRMOD Custom Lookup
    dpl007 Newbie
    Hello!
    In the report modify the properties of the link. Open Data Format tab in Column Properties, choose for Default Data Format "Custom Text Format" and put following:
    : "http://"@[html]"a target=_top href=""javascript:void(null)"" onclick=\"Callback('"@"');\">Select</a"
    Please put < before a tag and > after a tag. I cannot do that because in this case the post would not show properly.
    After that change the Column Formula for the link. Put like this: CONCAT(CONCAT(CONCAT(Product."External ID",'§'),Product.Description),'§') where Product."External ID" and Product.Description the fields which value you would pass into CRM fields.
    I hope this can help you.

Regards
  • 2. Re: CRMOD Custom Lookup
    user8004614 Newbie
    Thanks for the response.

I have the changes as you mentioned
    "http://"@[html]"a target=_top href=""javascript:void(null)"" onclick=\"Callback('"@"');\">Select</a"
    with < & > after and before the a tag

The report formula column has CONCAT(CONCAT(Employee."First Name", ' '), Employee."Last Name"). Still nothing happens when I clcik on the link.

Alo I have the narrative view deifned for the report.
    html
    script type="text/javascript"
    function Callback(Line)
    {
    var theLine = Line
    var theform = window.top.opener.document.getElementById("LeadCreateEditForm");

for (n=0; n<theform.elements.length; n++){
    if(theform.elements[n].name == "LeadCreateEditForm.ZText_34"){
    theform.elements[n].innerText=theLine;
    theform.elements[n].value=theLine;
    }
    }
    window.close();
    }
    </html
  • 3. Re: CRMOD Custom Lookup
    user8004614 Newbie
    I am trying to update this post and nothing gets thru. I included the login and still nothing happens when I click the Select link.

I have the changes as you mentioned
    "http://"@[html]"a target=_top href=""javascript:void(null)"" onclick=\"Callback('"@"');\">Select</a"
    with < & > after and before the a tag

The report formula column has CONCAT(CONCAT(Employee."First Name", ' '), Employee."Last Name"). Still nothing happens when I clcik on the link.

Also I have the narrative view deifned for the report.
  • 4. Re: CRMOD Custom Lookup
    dpl007 Newbie
    Hi,

probably you have forgotten to put colon ":" and space at the beginning of "Custom Text Format".

Please try exactly this formula in your report: CONCAT(CONCAT(CONCAT(Employee."First Name", ' §'), Employee."Last Name"),'§')

Regards
  • 5. Re: CRMOD Custom Lookup
    user8004614 Newbie
    Thanks it works now. I want to include the below logic for LeadDetailForm too (not just from LeadCreateEditForm) . how could I do it.

function Callback(Line)
    {
    var theLine = Line
    var theform = window.top.opener.document.getElementById("LeadCreateEditForm");

for (n=0; n<theform.elements.length; n++){
    if(theform.elements[n].name == "LeadCreateEditForm.ZText_34"){
    theform.elements[n].innerText=theLine;
    theform.elements[n].value=theLine;
    }
    }
    window.close();
    }
  • 6. Re: CRMOD Custom Lookup
    user8004614 Newbie
    It works fine with LeadCreateEditForm and OpptyCreateEditForm. Is it possible to have the custom look up working with inline edit feature in LeadDetailForm/LeadDetailPage?
  • 7. Re: CRMOD Custom Lookup
    dpl007 Newbie
    Hi,

unfortunately it doesn't work in Detail Form, at least for me.

Regards
  • 8. Re: CRMOD Custom Lookup
    user8004614 Newbie
    Thanks for your reply. I tried everything I can and I gave up. Instructed the users to get to edit and click the link.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points