4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2012 3:09 PM by muvvas RSS

Cant't find SUNWi1cs or SUNWi15cs

jerry.73.birkes
      Hello All,

I am trying to install Oracle 11g on my M4000. I am doing the preliminary setup before I start to install. I did a package check to make sure I had all the necessary packages installed and it came back missing the following packages:

# pkginfo -i SUNWarc SUNWbtool SUNWhea SUNWlibC SUNWlibms SUNWsprot SUNWtoo SUNWi1of SUNWi1cs SUNWi15cs SUNWxwfnt

ERROR: information for "SUNWi1cs" was not found
      ERROR: information for "SUNWi15cs" was not found

I googled around and found that they should be on nthe companion cd for Solaris 10, however, after downloading the disks I noticed the packages are not on there, in fact the packages on the CD don't even begin with SUNW. Where can I find the packages I need if they are not on the companion cd?? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am completely unsure of where to go next.

Thank You
        • 1. Re: Cant't find SUNWi1cs or SUNWi15cs
          muvvas
          Hi these packages are availble in soalris 10 os dvd

this is the path

/SOL_10_811_X86/Solaris_10/Product/

root@solaris11:/media/SOL_10_811_X86/Solaris_10/Product# ls -d SUNWi15cs
          SUNWi15cs
          root@solaris11:/media/SOL_10_811_X86/Solaris_10/Product# ls -d SUNWi1cs
          SUNWi1cs

hope this will help
          • 2. Re: Cant't find SUNWi1cs or SUNWi15cs
            jerry.73.birkes
            Hello,

Thank you for your response. I downloaded the ISO DVD from the oracle site. I have never used an ISO in solaris before. I apologize for being a newb but How can I get to these files?? Is there a specific mount command I need to use to use this ISO image dvd?? Because I cannot simply cd into the ISO because it says its not a directory.

Thank You
            Jerry
            • 3. Re: Cant't find SUNWi1cs or SUNWi15cs
              jerry.73.birkes
              Hello,

I apologize...I jumped the gun. I found the lofiadm command and now have it mounted as a virtual device. I assume I simply cd to the directory and I can do a pkgadd for the packages?? Thank you for you advice. It was very helpful sir.

Thank You
              Jerry
              • 4. Re: Cant't find SUNWi1cs or SUNWi15cs
                muvvas
                if u copied the iso to soalris box then use

lofiadm -a /opt/soalris_dvd.iso /dev/lofi/1

mount -F udf -o ro /dev/lofi/1 /mnt

else

mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/lofi/1 /mnt

if u have the iso in ur local machine use 7zip to open the iso ,with win scp u can copy this SUNWi1cs SUNWi15cs

and you can install. please check the installation carefully, may it requires other dependencies